Dutasteride Info

Hi guys,

I am thinking of starting dutasteride - if it will help my hair loss.

Can anyone tell me how much I should use, how often I should use it, what should I expect from it including results and side effects?

I've been using finasteride 1.25mg most days for 2 years and 10 months now, and I've been using Regaine once most days for 2 years and 4 months.

I found fin to be effective when I started it. I noticed I shed a bit more for a few weeks when I started fin, my skin and scalp also got a bit more oily than usual (not sure if that was a coincidence or a side from starting fin) and then my hair loss slowed down a lot, and I think some of my hair thickened up and went a bit darker.

I got my first transplant - FUE 2,040 grafts 2 years and 5 months ago. I was very pleased with the results of my transplant combined with my fin.

However, last year, I started to feel like my transplant had weakened a bit. In the past 5 months or so, I've also noticed a huge amount of hair shedding - like, I can brush off 50 hairs into the sink most nights.

The hair in my mid scalp and crown still seems super dense, but around the hairline - particularly left side where I had a transplant - its thin.

I am going to get a 2nd transplant to top my hair up within the next year or so if I can.

I am 32 years old, 33 this October.

I can get dutasteride 0.5mg tablets via UK pharmacies.

I take 0.5mg Dut daily and it's working for me (that and/or oral Minoxidil). It's been about 14 months now. This was by recommendation of my Dermatologist.

I feel better taking dut than when I was on 1mg fin, but I've had no severe side effects on either.

Adding minoxidil at the same time as switching to Dut appears to be the big kicker in improving my hair but I'm sure Dut is helping retain it.

Edited by Viney
  • Like 2