Just about 5 months after HT - 4800 grafts

xro

Hey all,

Looking to get some good advice.  I am close to 6 months ( in 14 days) after my HT (4800) but the picture that I am showing is just at/around 5 month marker after my HT.  I've been really wanting to avoid any fin/dut due to sides but I was curious what you guys think after 5 months.  Do you think i should continue to hold out or try the xyon fin formula before the 12 month marker hits to help my progress.  First picture is 5 months out and Second picture is Pre HT

image.jpeg

preHT.jpg

Edited by xro

you had lot of hair pre surgery. So if you want more density so holding on to those existing hair is your best bet. The only way to do that is using DHT blockers. Like fin and dut. You can obviously use topical version like many other on this forum. The sides will be less from topical. Even from oral, sides affect less percent of people but if you are worried then might as well atleast use the topical to see if any improvement comes.

By the way the growth increases quickly after this 5-6 month mark. So no need to panic. If possible can you also post a clear scalp pic of current day ?  Take a pic just like how you did for month 3. 

8 minutes ago, duckling said:

you had lot of hair pre surgery. So if you want more density so holding on to those existing hair is your best bet. The only way to do that is using DHT blockers. Like fin and dut. You can obviously use topical version like many other on this forum. The sides will be less from topical. Even from oral, sides affect less percent of people but if you are worried then might as well atleast use the topical to see if any improvement comes.

By the way the growth increases quickly after this 5-6 month mark. So no need to panic. If possible can you also post a clear scalp pic of current day ?  Take a pic just like how you did for month 3. 

Oral version of fin hasn't sit well with me in the past.  Forgot to note that I have been on topical minoxidil, Here is a clear scalp picture of current day:image.thumb.jpeg.cf693973abf7eeb426a82880432e233b.jpeg

• Administrators

5 months is too early to form any judgement. So far, I would say it looks on track. Patience is key.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

5 months is too early to form any judgement. So far, I would say it looks on track. Patience is key.

Thanks Melvin!  What're your thoughts on about maybe getting on xyons topical fin?  Or do you think i should continue to wait it out?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, xro said:

Thanks Melvin!  What're your thoughts on about maybe getting on xyons topical fin?  Or do you think i should continue to wait it out?

Getting on medication is always a good idea. No need to wait for the growth to use meds. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, xro said:

Oral version of fin hasn't sit well with me in the past.  Forgot to note that I have been on topical minoxidil, Here is a clear scalp picture of current day:image.thumb.jpeg.cf693973abf7eeb426a82880432e233b.jpeg

looks good for five months. I see lot of new hair which are currently shorter in length and more new growth will come in 1-2 months. Hopefully by 1 year you should have a great result. Keep updating us and Try to add topical fin to regime.

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, I'm having some trouble with topical minoxidil.  For the past few months it has been giving me some major dizziness.  I started this a month after my HT, been using a total 4 months on my transplanted area and now i'm kind of unsure on what to do.  Kind of freaking out that I probably have to get off of it.  Are there any alternatives that I can look into or do I just pray and see what happens?

38 minutes ago, xro said:

Guys, I'm having some trouble with topical minoxidil.  For the past few months it has been giving me some major dizziness.  I started this a month after my HT, been using a total 4 months on my transplanted area and now i'm kind of unsure on what to do.  Kind of freaking out that I probably have to get off of it.  Are there any alternatives that I can look into or do I just pray and see what happens?

topical fin or even better topical dut

or cosmerna

if you dont take meds its no secret what happens: you will lose those hairs in the norwood 5 area and you will have a bald crown and in the transplanted areas you will have a thinning look (due to the density) you had in that area before surgery. so you will need definitely 1-2 more transplants

• Like 1