topical Finasterid - what dose is low?

Nadall

finasteride 0.1 % is the standard dosage i have seen and also used for 4 years without sides. This has been well tolerated by people i know too. Minoxidil 5% is used by men so i dont think that 6% is higher. I have been on 5% foam/liquid from last 6 years. ( the under eye bags sides are so painful to see in mirror 😄 , people tell me to sleep more )

The dosage you have mentioned is fine to use.

0.1% fin w/v means that it will give you 1 mg of finasteride for every 1 ml of dosage(standard dosage every application unless the area of application if larger). But its applied topically so very less systematic absorption.

If you want then you can apply once every alternate days.at first and then use daily. But daily using atleast once is how you get results. (people use it twice a day too as non responders are more at single use per day, but the results are not that much different).

Finasteride 0.025 % is also one more version i have seen on the web but don't have experience with it to give you any information. That formulation i have not seen around my local pharmacies.

If you wish to be extra careful then i have one idea. You can maybe buy 2 bottles : one containing fin+min and the other just min.

you can apply the fin+min topical once for 1 ml one day and then apply just minoxidil next day.

This way you can use the minoxidil solution everyday and use fin alternate days.(1 mg fin used for 2 days)

Later on you can go for fin+min bottle used daily once. and then used twice a day later.(if you wish to increase dosage as 2 ml of minox can be used in 24 hours)

• Administrators

0.1% is standard for alcohol based vehicles. Topicals with alcohol vehicles absorb quickly into the bloodstream. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.