Am I wasting time being on meds, will retro alopecia exclude me from surgery?

It looks like Im having retrograde alopecia on my nape area and sides. Will this exclude me from potential HT in the future? Because I am currently on finasteride second week, and not sure if there is point continuing taking it, if I wont have possibility to have a HT because of retrograde alopecia. Any advice?
Pics:

image.png.2ccbd13608bb9dcfdbea4adacc109310.pngimage.png.93270afe240a94f3ad81a78b570572f4.pngimage.png.942baeae52ad4b94977cfacfacbe823c.png

• Valued Contributor

Let the meds work for at least 6/8 months and than see how much progress you do...retrograde alopecia will not totally hamper your chance of ht but it will probably be a hazzard ...if you have extensive loss on top thn retrograde alopecia will be lessen your ht chance but if you require fewer grafts on top than doctor can manage to take out the grafts from donor which are not affected by it...so it will depend on your grade of baldness on top..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

You’re not wasting your time on meds. Keep at it, the more hair you maintain, the less grafts you need.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.