Should i consider a hair transplant or just continue the use of Finasteride and Minoxidil? Pics included.

M 29, hair loss started when i was 25/26. i hoped on finasteride and minoxidil about 5 months ago and have seen some thickening but some areas im pretty sure are gone so i am debating getting a hair transplant

is it to early to gauge the full results of finasteride and minoxidil? should i wait untill the 7 - 8 month period? i have looked potentially for a HT to remake a hairline and possibly refill the thinning on the top as i dont think the finasteride and minoxidil will do anything for those areas. At a consultation at a nearby clinic (USA) they quoted 1500 grafts at 9 k (USD) is that a good estimate on number of grafts? (as in would 1500 cover this area?). also my crown currently has hair but it is also somewhat thinning so that might be a concern later on as well.

thoughts and opinions are welcome

finasteride and minoxidil 5 month progress

Front Before 11/20/2222

rWLrnCP.jpg

Front Today 4/14/23

K1wSMS1.jpg

Top Down Before 11/20/2222

bhKYrXG.jpg

2nd Top Down Before 11/20/2222

fGMBbKl.jpg

Top Down Today 4/14/23

eOrkI8W.jpg

Back Before 11/20/2222

7qml1F5.jpg

Back Today 4/14/23

lhweWBz.jpg

Back 2 Today 4/14/23

YEUgfPP.jpg

You should definitely wait at least a few more months to see the results of fin&min! In any case, you seem to have very curly hair, which doesn't help for hair transplants: if you finally decide to get one, I suggest you do an extensive amount of research before choosing your clinic. 1500 grafts seems a bit low to cover that area.

• Administrators

Give the meds a full year before considering surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.