6 months post transplant

I’m 6 months post transplant and wanting to start using some product in my hair to keep it in place. 

What is everyone post op using? Naturally I’m a little apprehensive. Before my transplant I would use extra hold hair spray but not sure this is a good idea with developing hair? 

Thanks I’m advance for any pointers 

• Valued Contributor

If you hair is thin than i would say you can use hair volumizing wax powder which will give illusion of density as well as a good hold with matte finish..

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Yep, what Archan said.

After six months I started using some Slick Gorilla hair styling powder and their Lightwork clay, both really good. 

Also, you can pretty much stop worrying about the transplanted hair at this point, treat as you would your normal hair and let nature take its course!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Yep, what Archan said.

After six months I started using some Slick Gorilla hair styling powder and their Lightwork clay, both really good. 

Also, you can pretty much stop worrying about the transplanted hair at this point, treat as you would your normal hair and let nature take its course!

How do u find slick gorilla clay... Thinking about using this once my hair grows out abit more post transplant....

Is it quite greasy and clumps your hair together? I have naturally fine hair anyway and am looking for something to add more texture and illusion of density...

Is this what you are using it for?

I'm using their Lightwork light clay to just kinda pat down the corners of my hair. I have this terribly spiky Korean-style hair, where it just grows at 90 degree angles out of my head and really needs length for it to properly 'sit down' and look normal. So until it grows out enough, I just use it to pat down the unruly side hair. Really great for that. Once longer, I intend to use it to slick back the future undercut.

Really light texture, does not feel like there is product in the hair at all. I was quite skeptical but the product really won me over. 

1 minute ago, StillAlive said:

I'm using their Lightwork light clay to just kinda pat down the corners of my hair. I have this terribly spiky Korean-style hair, where it just grows at 90 degree angles out of my head and really needs length for it to properly 'sit down' and look normal. So until it grows out enough, I just use it to pat down the unruly side hair. Really great for that. Once longer, I intend to use it to slick back the future undercut.

Really light texture, does not feel like there is product in the hair at all. I was quite skeptical but the product really won me over. 

Nice one... Thanks mate. Will give it a shot. I was using the powder pre HT.... And really liked it.

Thinjng about using their sea salt spray and then the clay once I can... 

I'm 2 months more or less post....

How long has it been for you

7 months and 10 days post op, you can check out my thread for progress. Only started using product after the 6th month and very sparingly. I got regular buzzcuts up to Month 3 to reduce overall 'ugly duckling' effect and have been letting the recipient area grow ever since. 

32 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

7 months and 10 days post op, you can check out my thread for progress. Only started using product after the 6th month and very sparingly. I got regular buzzcuts up to Month 3 to reduce overall 'ugly duckling' effect and have been letting the recipient area grow ever since. 

Checked out your thread.. coming along nicely bud...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1