Hair Dye - when is it safe after FUE?

Hi Guys - When is it safe to use a hair dye after a FUE hair transplant?

I'm on month 5 and my consultant recommended waiting till month 9.

I usually use L'Oréal Paris Men Expert One-Twist Hair Color  Dark Brown and it says its  powered by an ammonia-free gel technology which is semi-permanent.

But have heard many different opinions and wondering if any one has any experience?

thanks!
N

7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I died my hair last year after four month

and it didn't affect anything negatively?

I'm also reading that Ammonia Free and Semi Permanent dyes are ok

Just another test for patience on this journey! 

• Like 1

I don't think anything will happen to your grafts after this much time. Only thing that may get affected , if not applied properly is your scalp. Because it takes lot of time to heal so using something which can irritate it is probably not good. As the scalp can cause unwanted issues even if graft healthy.

But i have seen videos of people even doing keratin treatment to transplanted hair ( after 1 year though as you need hair length for this ) along with some doing hair dye (this is done by them before 1 year mark) and get away with it . Make sure to avoid the scalp and anything applied, has to be applied from little bit below the mid length so that you might reach end part of strand by mistake but avoid the brush from touching the scalp. And the chemicals in dye has to be checked(that is step 1)

• Like 1