Please suggest: Considering HT next year

Hi all,

I'm 34 yr old and not sure what NW I'm (maybe 5 or 6) and want to consider HT to see if it can help me. I've never been on Finasteride (was scared due to the potential sexual side effects). 

• Could you please suggest based on the photos if its worth considering HT? Am I NW 5 or NW6?
  • Should I wait for a year on Finasteride to see any improvements and then plan for HT? Starting Finasteride 1mg for the first time tomorrow
  • Could you please suggest which ones would be best to get consultations from?

Attaching some pics I took recently

Thanks!

crown.jpg

front.jpg

side_2.jpg

Just now, Gatsby said:

If you were a true Norwood 6 or 7 then I would say go ahead. But you have some serious hair that could really bounce back before surgery if you commence meds first. All the best!

Thank for your help! I was also hoping to start my research on the side on who will work best for my situation. Please let me know if you've any recommendations for the best surgeon for my type of hair loss. I don't mind paying more for better results!

@rush There are so many hairs which i can see getting improved from minoxidil and finasteride should help you keep these existing hair with probably bringing back hair which you lost to DHT ( if those hair follicles are still alive). The last pic which you have posted shows that sideburn hair density might be less(or maybe they were white so it looked less dense in pic) for now but with meds lets see how much they improve. Check your vitamin levels also to see if any of that is causing the side hair to fall. (Some articles suggest vitamin d deficiency causes side hair to fall or it might be a gimic to sell vitamin tests and tablets 😄 ).

You haven't mentioned minoxidil so i would say please add it to regime with derma roller ( if you find that to be effective after checking results of people here with it). I have seen people similar to your case use it as its lot more easier with less hair density so no need to be worried about existing hair getting pulled/damaged and obviously the superior results is the main reason. 

You can try ketocanazole shampoos. They should help your scalp remain clean as minoxidil will make your scalp greasy/flaky/itchy.

Be consistent and have patience. Hopefully you get amazing coverage before you even think about hair transplant after one year of results from meds. Don't constantly check for results though and worry about progress. Set a realistic progress timeline at which you record and post updates here. (every month preferably after the initial 3-4 months gap as that time shedding would have stopped and gain would have come atleast in form of hair thickness).

• Like 1

Seems like NW4-5, you can save some hairs with Finasteride and Minoxidil.

I think you're a good candidate with thick hair, you're welcome to contact me for consultation with HDC clinic.

You can check many reviews on us on this forum.

I think this case is a good reference for you:

Screenshot_20230407_152148_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230407_152203_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor

Currently its like nw 4/5 but You are on your way to be nw6/7 soon if you dont get on medication ..so you should start medication ...minoxidil as well as finasteride ...atleast 8-10 months of medication and than you can go for a ht and till than you can carry on with the search....if budget is not an issue than dr pittela is a good option in higher nw cases....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

12 minutes ago, rush said:

Thank you all for the support! I'll be on Finasteride and Minoxidil 5% for 6-8 months and post updates here.

Just pay attention if you have side effects from both meds.

I had side effects from Propecia pills, so now I'm using topical mix formula of Finasteride and Minoxidil without side effects.

• Like 3

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.