Discussion time

Cmike

Ive been on oral fin for almost 3 years. I’ve always understood that stopping Minox would cause all the hairs gained on Minox to fall after stopping it regardless of fin being used. However, I’m reading from some people that If you were on fin for awhile before starting Minox you could keep some of the gains made on it? Is this true or false?

• Valued Contributor

I'm not sure of the answer in absolutes, but if finasteride blocked the DHT and you found that your hair stabalized , then I would imagine that the stoppage of minoxidil will be less of a problem. I'm 'guessing' that the minoxidil will have improved the quality of your hair and not so much the numbers of your hair. Only you will know the benefits (and what they were) to you hair with the use of minoxidil. My guess is that it will not be a shed of all of your minoxidil gains in two weeks. Possibly just a slow reduction over a longer period of time (as long as you stay on finasteride and that you feel finasteride is working for you). Sorry for the long winded reply. All the best.