Doctor doesn’t want me to use spray after surgery

I asked the clinic (Hasson and Wong) if I should be spraying saline on my head after surgery and they said the doctor doesn’t want me doing that because it interferes with the results. Aren’t you supposed to spray your head after hair transplant?

I've not heard that before. Most clinics insist that the grafts are kept wet for the first couple of days.

That said, I'd follow the advice of your clinic. It may be worth double checking their position, but in my opinion it's not worth doing something they do not recommend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I've not heard that before. Most clinics insist that the grafts are kept wet for the first couple of days.

That said, I'd follow the advice of your clinic. It may be worth double checking their position, but in my opinion it's not worth doing something they do not recommend.

Based on this, I would cast a doubt on this clinic when all other clinics say differently.

Hasson and Wong are one of the most respected not some start up that doesn't know what they are doing.

I was told not to spray for two days with mine. Each clinic is different

My understanding is that the spraying is to keep the area clean but also the scabs moist so they come off easier when its time to come off.

Listen to your doctor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Clinics all give contradictory advice on this. Just follow your specific clinics directions so they can’t use it as an excuse should you get a suboptimal result. It probably doesn’t actually matter. Saline is mainly just to reduce scabbing.

Yes to follow the doctor's instructions.  However no clinics will admit to anything if there is a suboptimal result.  You pay for the procedure, not for the result, although you can always hope for a good result.  There is no warranty on HT (or any medical procedures)

• Administrators

To be honest, the spray is unnecessary. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

I asked the clinic (Hasson and Wong) if I should be spraying saline on my head after surgery and they said the doctor doesn’t want me doing that because it interferes with the results. Aren’t you supposed to spray your head after hair transplant?

Definitely follow the instructions given by you’re chosen clinic, you have made a very good choice in H&W they know what they are doing 😉

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

To be honest, the spray is unnecessary. 

It probably is. Do you think it could be even a negative like H&W seems to say?

I remember having an operation elsewhere like 15 years ago, and I was supposed to bathe it is saline solution for about 20 minutes several times per day. I guess the key reason was to keep it clean and avoid infection.

Edited by Xanadu

from ChatGPT:

"

Saline solution is commonly used in hair transplant surgery to keep the hair grafts hydrated during the procedure. Saline solution is a sterile, isotonic solution of sodium chloride (salt) in water, and it is not known to harm hair grafts when used properly.

In fact, saline solution can be beneficial for hair grafts because it helps to maintain their moisture and prevent dehydration. Dehydrated grafts can be damaged or die, so it is important to keep them hydrated throughout the transplant process.

However, it is important to note that the concentration and pH of the saline solution can affect the viability of hair grafts. Using a saline solution that is too acidic or too alkaline can be harmful to hair grafts, and can lead to their death. Therefore, it is important to use a saline solution that is properly balanced and within the appropriate range of pH.

Overall, if used properly, saline solution should not harm hair grafts and can actually help to ensure their survival during the transplant process."

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BaldBobby said:

from ChatGPT:

"

Saline solution is commonly used in hair transplant surgery to keep the hair grafts hydrated during the procedure. Saline solution is a sterile, isotonic solution of sodium chloride (salt) in water, and it is not known to harm hair grafts when used properly.

In fact, saline solution can be beneficial for hair grafts because it helps to maintain their moisture and prevent dehydration. Dehydrated grafts can be damaged or die, so it is important to keep them hydrated throughout the transplant process.

However, it is important to note that the concentration and pH of the saline solution can affect the viability of hair grafts. Using a saline solution that is too acidic or too alkaline can be harmful to hair grafts, and can lead to their death. Therefore, it is important to use a saline solution that is properly balanced and within the appropriate range of pH.

Overall, if used properly, saline solution should not harm hair grafts and can actually help to ensure their survival during the transplant process."

That's almost useful. Shame it didn't give info on what the correct Ph balance is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1