Laser removal

Hi all, 

Had a transplant 7 weeks ago that I already bitterly regret. The hairline is way too low and flat, completely incompatible with my age and level of hair loss. It is just going to look even worse as I get older (36 now).

I have a norwood 1 hairline, receded temples and a huge bald crown - not a good look. The plan was previously to do a second procedure but I don't think I can face that now.

I really wish I could turn back time to just be able to shave it all off and live with the bald look.

Do I realistically have any good options? 

Is laser removal feasible? Electrolysis? 

I know I could have some punched out by FUE but really the hairline is quite a bit off from what I wanted so I'm not sure that would help. I can't have 4k grafts punched out.

I had FUE so could potentially still shave it quite short all over but the issue with that is it might accentuate the shape of the hairline that I so dislike. 

I feel like such an idiot for going down this path.

Grateful for any advice 

I stupidly went with their recommendation based on facial measurements. I said I think it's too low and they said it's where it's meant to be it'll look good. Plus the doctor didn't speak good English and the whole thing was rushed. 

I feel like I've ruined my life and there's no way to resolve the issue. 

I had a combover before and when they shaved it at the clinic it felt like a weight had lifted and I actually looked good. But then I was there and 20 minutes later they're extracting grafts from my head. 

I feel so full of regret it's really hard to deal with right now

42 minutes ago, Hair4Days said:

Damn man I’m sorry you feel this way so soon. Was there a reason why your hairline was transplanted like that? Inexperienced clinic? Did you see it drawn on prior to the surgery ? 

34 minutes ago, BaldV said:

can you post some pictures please?

Yes. 

I just think the hairline looks too flat and low for my head shape. Even buzzing it will look completely different to how it would have been with my bald/receded forehead 

20230312_183920.jpg

20230312_183918.jpg

12 minutes ago, cheesy1986 said:

Yes. 

I just think the hairline looks too flat and low for my head shape. Even buzzing it will look completely different to how it would have been with my bald/receded forehead 

20230312_183920.jpg

20230312_183918.jpg

ah i remember you from another post, bro your hairline is super high 😂. I think it will look great once it grows out. Hair transplants are permanent and cant be removed without obvious evidence left behind, if you dont like the result, which I doubt, you can shave it and have a cool hairline.

7 weeks ago? Can you post before photos so we can see what was the impact? I think you need to wait at least a year before you start thinking of the next steps. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

3 hours ago, cheesy1986 said:

I stupidly went with their recommendation based on facial measurements. I said I think it's too low and they said it's where it's meant to be it'll look good. Plus the doctor didn't speak good English and the whole thing was rushed. 

I feel like I've ruined my life and there's no way to resolve the issue. 

I had a combover before and when they shaved it at the clinic it felt like a weight had lifted and I actually looked good. But then I was there and 20 minutes later they're extracting grafts from my head. 

I feel so full of regret it's really hard to deal with right now

To be honest with you, it doesn’t look bad. The height is age and future age appropriate. If anything, i can see what you mean by the flatness but grown out it won’t look that flat. I think it’s solid

9 hours ago, Hair4Days said:

To be honest with you, it doesn’t look bad. The height is age and future age appropriate. If anything, i can see what you mean by the flatness but grown out it won’t look that flat. I think it’s solid

Thanks, I have quite a large forehead but my hairline is basically as low as it has ever been in my life so that is what I am finding quite difficult. 

I have what I consider to be a flat and lowish hairline and a completely bald crown. I have been burned by this whole process and don't think I can do a second procedure for the crown and just want to shave and move on.

But now I am worried about the fact I'll have a youthful hairline and empty crown which just looks completely unnatural. I've put myself into a really difficult position. Hence why I was inquiring about getting the transplanted hair lasered off.

It isn't that common is it for a man to retain his hairline and have a bald crown?

your hairline height is not looking that low, Its looking good as of now, do wait for atleast 12 months to evaluate final results, crown can be covered by combing front or mid-scalp hair backwards, also by using medicines (finax or minoxidil or multivitamins), crown gets covered sometimes, do wait for the hairs to grow first and see how it looks because lasers and electrolysis is tricky and i think the grafts are destroyed and cannot be re-used in electrolysis and lasers wait and research more before proceeding quickly again...

Edited by WoundedWolf

1 hour ago, WoundedWolf said:

your hairline height is not looking that low, Its looking good as of now, do wait for atleast 12 months to evaluate final results, crown can be covered by combing front or mid-scalp hair backwards, also by using medicines (finax or minoxidil or multivitamins), crown gets covered sometimes, do wait for the hairs to grow first and see how it looks because lasers and electrolysis is tricky and i think the grafts are destroyed and cannot be re-used in electrolysis and lasers wait and research more before proceeding quickly again...

Thanks mate. I just hugely regret this procedure and my mind is all over the place. 

I'm half tempted to just buzz it all off and hope that my donor isn't too depleted to enable it to be ok as an option. However I'll still have the hairline there visible in stubble that I so dislike

• Moderators

What you should do is find old photos of yourself when you were in your teens or early 20's and had a full head of hair. Seeing your old self with hair and realizing that you did have a hairline back then may make you feel a lot better. I said in another post that I think you are just not used to seeing yourself with frontal hair and it's making your brain not be able to see "you" when you look at yourself in the mirror. This does affect some people which is why I always tell people to look at old pics of themselves before they have a hair transplant and try to get their hairline to be something similar to what they once had. Your new hairline is not low. It's actually very high. It should look fine as you age... assuming the transplanted hair grows in well.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

After reading some of your posts, I think what is actually bothering you is the one corner rather than the entire hairline being too high. If that's the case then just let it grow in and once you're nearing the one year mark you will have a better idea of how you feel about it. Worse case is you may want to get a few grafts removed from one corner, although I personally think it will look fine simply because it already is high. See the picture below to see what I mean. That's an easy fix if all you need to do to make yourself fel better about it is to remove a few grafts in the corner, so don't stress yourself over it.

image.png.fd56062cab68a1b3244b5c53aac4aa8f.png

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

After reading some of your posts, I think what is actually bothering you is the one corner rather than the entire hairline being too high. If that's the case then just let it grow in and once you're nearing the one year mark you will have a better idea of how you feel about it. Worse case is you may want to get a few grafts removed from one corner, although I personally think it will look fine simply because it already is high. See the picture below to see what I mean. That's an easy fix if all you need to do to make yourself fel better about it is to remove a few grafts in the corner, so don't stress yourself over it.

image.png.fd56062cab68a1b3244b5c53aac4aa8f.png

Thank you mate, I really appreciate your advice and suggestion. Yes it is particularly that side that bothers me. I did think about shaving it down just like you've drawn to give it a little bit of recession, not so flat as it joins the temples. So yeah perhaps I could do that for now and then look into getting a  few grafts removed if I decided to in the future. They could be put into the crown or wherever.

Thanks again for taking the time to give such a helpful reply 

14 hours ago, cheesy1986 said:

Thanks, I have quite a large forehead but my hairline is basically as low as it has ever been in my life so that is what I am finding quite difficult. 

I have what I consider to be a flat and lowish hairline and a completely bald crown. I have been burned by this whole process and don't think I can do a second procedure for the crown and just want to shave and move on.

But now I am worried about the fact I'll have a youthful hairline and empty crown which just looks completely unnatural. I've put myself into a really difficult position. Hence why I was inquiring about getting the transplanted hair lasered off.

It isn't that common is it for a man to retain his hairline and have a bald crown?

Having just a bald crown is a comment balding pattern. If you have enough donor to transplant into the crown i would do it. I personally have been looking up cases where people have had a HT right up to where the crown begins. Sometimes a slick back can blanket the crown pretty well.

• Like 2