Advice on choosing a surgeon for my case - Looking at Nadimi, Pekiner, Reddy, Mohebi

Hi there, I'm new here!

I'm 36, and I've been noticeably losing hair since my early 20's. Been on finasteride 1mg since around the age of 22, topical minoxidil since about age 30. I've recently switched to 5mg oral minoxidil and 0.5mg oral dutasteride. I still don't really know which one is better, but I've not been on this new regimen for very long (about a month).

Anyway, I've flirted with a HT for quite a long time, but lately it has felt like "it's time" to do it.

I'd say I'm currently a NW3, but my dad was somewhere between NW5-6 before he died, and I have relatives on my mom's side that are all over the place, but my maternal grandfather was closer to a NW5.

I realize given my family history, I'm probably going to need more procedures down the line, but I'd like to do something now.

The main issue has been deepening recession. The transition area at the front of my hairline has also gotten quite noticeably thinner. It has also felt like the top area of my head has gotten thinner over the years, but I'm not sure how much of that is the hair loss and how much of it is the fact that I've been graying earlier in life than most.

My non-expert feeling is that I'd like to keep the middle of my hairline more or less where it is, and fill in the recessed areas a little bit, but I don't want to create anything that wasn't there to begin with. I'd also be interested in adding some density to the transition area and also along the top, but it's unclear to me how much would be needed.

I did a virtual consult with Nadimi already and she thought from the photos 1700-2000 grafts. I'm also looking at scheduling consultations with Pekiner and Reddy. I have one scheduled with Mohebi.

I'm not super price, location, or time sensitive, so I'm willing to wait a little. I don't know much about Mohebi other than he's a protege of Dr. Rassman, but researching the others on my list, sounds like generally positive reviews.

Would any of these doctors be optimal for my specific case? I'd like to achieve the most natural looking result, ideally adding some density to existing areas. I guess one thing that may (?) affect the choice is that i have salt-and-pepper hair. I'm not sure if that would require a surgeon that specializes in that sort of thing?

(Also please ignore the markings on my head. I did these myself and was from the virtual consultation submission with Nadimi, and I had no idea what I was doing)

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

IMG_0313.jpeg

• Administrators

Have you examined their reviews individually? You have one surgeon in LA, one in Chicago, and one in London. I would suggest to research these names carefully on the forum. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
On 3/29/2023 at 12:07 AM, WestCoast251 said:

Hi there, I'm new here!

I'm 36, and I've been noticeably losing hair since my early 20's. Been on finasteride 1mg since around the age of 22, topical minoxidil since about age 30. I've recently switched to 5mg oral minoxidil and 0.5mg oral dutasteride. I still don't really know which one is better, but I've not been on this new regimen for very long (about a month).

Anyway, I've flirted with a HT for quite a long time, but lately it has felt like "it's time" to do it.

I'd say I'm currently a NW3, but my dad was somewhere between NW5-6 before he died, and I have relatives on my mom's side that are all over the place, but my maternal grandfather was closer to a NW5.

I realize given my family history, I'm probably going to need more procedures down the line, but I'd like to do something now.

The main issue has been deepening recession. The transition area at the front of my hairline has also gotten quite noticeably thinner. It has also felt like the top area of my head has gotten thinner over the years, but I'm not sure how much of that is the hair loss and how much of it is the fact that I've been graying earlier in life than most.

My non-expert feeling is that I'd like to keep the middle of my hairline more or less where it is, and fill in the recessed areas a little bit, but I don't want to create anything that wasn't there to begin with. I'd also be interested in adding some density to the transition area and also along the top, but it's unclear to me how much would be needed.

I did a virtual consult with Nadimi already and she thought from the photos 1700-2000 grafts. I'm also looking at scheduling consultations with Pekiner and Reddy. I have one scheduled with Mohebi.

I'm not super price, location, or time sensitive, so I'm willing to wait a little. I don't know much about Mohebi other than he's a protege of Dr. Rassman, but researching the others on my list, sounds like generally positive reviews.

Would any of these doctors be optimal for my specific case? I'd like to achieve the most natural looking result, ideally adding some density to existing areas. I guess one thing that may (?) affect the choice is that i have salt-and-pepper hair. I'm not sure if that would require a surgeon that specializes in that sort of thing?

(Also please ignore the markings on my head. I did these myself and was from the virtual consultation submission with Nadimi, and I had no idea what I was doing)

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

IMG_0313.jpeg

The doctors mentioned by you are good ones...dr mittal is doing great work this days imo....i like hairlines of de freitas as well..you cn check out him...and if price is not an issue at all than dr munib ahmad(fuegenix) is the best this days imho...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023