Rogaine after FUE

16 hours ago, vance7 said:

Yep. Rogaine (or Regaine in the UK) is the brand name, whereas minoxidil is its ingredient.

Is there a difference between brand name like Rogaine/Regaine and generic options?

@ChrisSFL,

Rogaine is not necessary to use after your hair transplant. However, some surgeons will recommend using it in an attempt to expedite early transplanted hair growth.  Also, it’s possible that it might prevent shock lost to natural hair.   But keep in mind that all of this is anecdotal, and there is no actual truth that Rogaine helps to jumpstart early transplanted hair growth or stops temporary shock loss from occurring 

I hope this helps

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

53 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@ChrisSFL,

Rogaine is not necessary to use after your hair transplant. However, some surgeons will recommend using it in an attempt to expedite early transplanted hair growth.  Also, it’s possible that it might prevent shock lost to natural hair.   But keep in mind that all of this is anecdotal, and there is no actual truth that Rogaine helps to jumpstart early transplanted hair growth or stops temporary shock loss from occurring 

I hope this helps

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 6:05 PM, ChrisSFL said:

How long do you guys wait for your rogaine to dry?

I usually just put it on before I go to work in the morning so don't really think about it then, but in the evening I'll always make sure I've left it at least 15 minutes from application before I have a shower

• 5 months later...

I started using Finasteride and Rogaine (mixed / liquid solution) ten months after my surgery.

Rogaine 5% and Finasteride at .005% (seriously). Since using it, the "bald spots" have gotten far better and the places where my transplants were not growing are now growing. I have just increased to .0075% Finasteride with the 5% Rogaine and will continue. 

One thing I have noticed is my head is visible thru a lot of my hair....like its very thin...almost like almost all of the transplants grew in but "my" hair (or the hair that was present before the transplant) has not grown back. 

Photos to follow.