Donor Area pimples and red

Ray786

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of pimples in my donor area and it’s kind of annoying and hurts a bit, what would you guys recommend to help with these pimples. I read online it could be from ingrown hair but I don’t know much, please let me know if this is normal .

Be patient and try to refrain from squeezing them.  Just let them heal on their own.  If one gets infected (unlikely) consult your doctor.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

@Ray786,

For starters how far along are you after your hair transplant procedure?  Based on what you are saying I assume you are around 2 to 3 months out from your procedure when it’s typical for pimples to form.  If you are around this stage of your procedure then you are very likely experiencing some ingrown hairs which will later turn into growth.  Growth typically starts between 3 to 5 months but on often cases pimples form a couple of weeks before it starts.

I hope this helps 

Rahal shape Transplant

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.