Transplant to SMP

Hi I’ve had 3500 grafts put in the front 4 months ago, the plan is to get smp just to fill in the gaps, next then have transplant 2 in 2024 to fill The back and mid section.

QUESTION

I want to keep my hair short (grade 1/1.5) between now and transplant 2, and plan to get SMP to fill the gaps, is it possible to do this? I don’t really like the full SMP look and just want to fill in /blend in the spares areas with SMP in the mid section and crown.

Has anyone done this before? If so were you happy with the results?

SMP artists do you have client you’ve done this with before how easy/hard is it can I see results?

Im Based in London but happy to travel to get it done properly. 

Prior to this I was wearing a hair system for 10 years and am attempting to go from system to hair transplant, currently in the cap 🧢 stage, but want to be free for the summer and just looked like I’ve buzzed it at grade 1 /1.5 any help of advice on blending… 

I also think it will help with density when I go for transplant 2 in 2024, see pictures below I don’t need the front touching it’s coming along nicely, just  a couple of bold spots in the mid section and look a bit shoe horn at the back when it grows out.

F04B733F-35E3-4096-B61B-C8CD38552D44.jpeg

A03F5EC7-1348-43E7-91CB-348D26CEF334.jpeg

Edited by london1982
Spelling

I would advise you need to wait until the hair transplant is fully healed and matured (12 months) before considering SMP. But if you're on the HT journey I would just stay the course and not consider SMP until you've exhausted your donor. 

• Thanks 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...

As others are noting, I would wait around 2 years to assess the situation and plan your next treatment. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella