Switching from oral Minox to topical

I am having an issue with either Minox or Fin. But want to switch from oral to topical minox first.

Is there a proper way to approach this switch? Like for a couple of weeks use both? Also, should I microneedle? I have used  topical foam minox years ago and didn't seem to have a bad reaction.

Thanks for any advice.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh you can go topical way and thn see wht happens ...if the issue still persist thn i guess you should be having issues with finasteride

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor

If you can describe the side effect it may be easy to work out which drug it may be. If it's heart palpitations, light headiness then it's likely to be minoxidil. If it's a drop in libido, sexual dysfunction, etc then that would be finasteride. Minoxidil doesn't have any of these sexual side effects. If you go from oral minoxidil to topical the gains should continue but the drug will work where it is applied to the skin. Taking oral minoxidil works systemically so it affects all of your hair and beard. All the best.

@GatsbyThanks so much - It is more the light headedness. 

On fin "it" still works but it isn't like every morning I have monster wood.

People just say if you stop using then you lose gains. So it is making me worried.

If I have had progress and I cut back some on fin let's say, could I maintain? 

Thanks.