Is it the Meds or New Growth? 4 Months Post Fue Op

Hi Guys,

I am  4 months post fue op where I had 5000 grafts into mid scalp and crown and a few near hairline.

I have been on daily 1mg Fin and Topical Minoxidil for those 4 months.

Hair is looking pretty good BUT I can't tell if it's new growth or the meds that have made the improvement.

When i look closely I haven't noticed new growth yet - it's hard to see as diffuse hair loss. 

Does Fin/Minoxidil give new hair growth? I thought it was to stop further loss.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Photos  Before - 3 days Post - 4 Months Post

thumbnail_IMG_4355.jpg.f00a847745318c86fa945bdefc3c9396.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4357.jpg.caf6e22ee58569a924dd8828dcfde11a.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4353.jpg.28bda1df43f04a76715e3a8ef5818219.jpg

@Nolan

if I were a betting man, I would wager that your new growth is from your hair transplant and not from your medication. Finasteride is much better at helping you keep your existing hair and possibly thickening up some of the thinning or miniaturizing hairs but it’s not proven to grow hair in completely bald areas.

it’s also normal at four months postop to start seeing signs of new hair growth from your hair transplant. So my money is on your transplant :)

All the best,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.