Donor area

Wanderer93

Hi guys booked in for my fue procedure in april to add some density to crown area. I have a skin fade back and sides and keep hair around 1/2 guard on top. 

plan is to use 1000grafts (500 from beard to add density to crown and 500 from scalp )to help blend in the beard hairs. Will the 500 fue from scalp be visible when shaved down? Surgeon has said the will be equally spread over entire donor region. 

thanks

Edited by Wanderer93

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Wanderer93 said:

Will the 500 fue from scalp be visible when shaved down?

Yes they will be visible because their is no scar free hair transplant. Having said that many people sport a buzz cut and they are not worried at all about the scars. For 500 scalp grafts it may not be enough to even worry you? As you say they may be spread out enough to avoid detection. I'm sure the average person on the street will never pick it because they are not looking for it. It also depends where in the scalp donor region the grafts are chosen from. All the best!

I was hoping with the spread over entire donor region that they would not be seen as they would not join up and create a large white empty area. I am in a tricky situation as i really enjoy having short hair but need a bit more hair at the crown . As soon as my donor hair grows beyond a 0 grade clipper it looks messy due to my hair texture. Would it be possible to solely use beard hair? My surgeon seems to think the 500 grafts will not be detectable am i just over worrying?thanks

25 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Yes they will be visible because their is no scar free hair transplant. Having said that many people sport a buzz cut and they are not worried at all about the scars. For 500 scalp grafts it may not be enough to even worry you? As you say they may be spread out enough to avoid detection. I'm sure the average person on the street will never pick it because they are not looking for it. It also depends where in the scalp donor region the grafts are chosen from. All the best!

I was hoping with the spread over entire donor region that they would not be seen as they would not join up and create a large white empty area. I am in a tricky situation as i really enjoy having short hair but need a bit more hair at the crown . As soon as my donor hair grows beyond a 0 grade clipper it looks messy due to my hair texture. Would it be possible to solely use beard hair? My surgeon seems to think the 500 grafts will not be detectable am i just over worrying?thanks

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Wanderer93 said:

Would it be possible to solely use beard hair?

No. They will not look natural on their own. Especially in the crown. You must feel that you have the confidence to ask your chosen surgeon any question. No matter how silly it may feel because their is no such thing as a silly question when it comes to life altering surgery. He/She needs to know your exact goals and concerns. All the best!

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

No. They will not look natural on their own. Especially in the crown. You must feel that you have the confidence to ask your chosen surgeon any question. No matter how silly it may feel because their is no such thing as a silly question when it comes to life altering surgery. He/She needs to know your exact goals and concerns. All the best!

I do he has been very helpful i am just a worrier .he has reassured me many times that my donor will look great . I just get a bit of doubt every now and then after seeing some pictures of other people results from other clinics online were they can be seen . Hopefully i have minimal to no detectable scarring 

• Like 1

We have agreed to implant the beard grafts amongst my existing crown hair and to do some test grafts from scalp area to see how they heal. All going well i will return next year to add the scalp grafts . 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
23 minutes ago, Wanderer93 said:

We have agreed to implant the beard grafts amongst my existing crown hair and to do some test grafts from scalp area to see how they heal. All going well i will return next year to add the scalp grafts . 

@Wanderer93 all the best.