Hair length: Weird comb-over look or see-through?

Xanadu

This guy talks about the troubles of finding the right lenght.

How do you who have had a HT deal with this? Which length fits you the best you think? and do you observe that it looks like a comb-over if you try to make this overlay too much?

• Like 1

We'd need more context on this dude. Was he a slick bald NW7 and then got this coverage? In his case, it'd be a massive improvement and yes, it'd look like a combover, but still, a huge leap from slick bald. The more hair you have and the smaller your procedure is, the more freedom you have when it comes to styling. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I think it frames the face well. Even with the high hairline I still think if he went and had some temple point work it would reduce the size of his head by framing it and balancing everything a bit more. If he hates the idea of baldness then this is a huge win for him anyway.👍

• Like 1

• Moderators

His sides are too far back with no temple points. That what the problem is. If he can get the sides transplanted it would look a lot better. He doesn't have to get a lot. He doesn't need to make far forward temple points. He just needs to bring the entire side area forward a bit.

image.png.bde370bef4f653bf341adfc5db2a5753.pngimage.png.2a6071a450ab27e603a4bbc9c9770f37.png

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I think it frames the face well. Even with the high hairline I still think if he went and had some temple point work it would reduce the size of his head by framing it and balancing everything a bit more. If he hates the idea of baldness then this is a huge win for him anyway.👍

Yes, I also noted the missing temples.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StillAlive said:

We'd need more context on this dude. Was he a slick bald NW7 and then got this coverage? In his case, it'd be a massive improvement and yes, it'd look like a combover, but still, a huge leap from slick bald. The more hair you have and the smaller your procedure is, the more freedom you have when it comes to styling. 

Looking at his other videos on Youtube he was a NW6. 

In the end it seems he decided that having it layered over looked too weird like a comb-over, and he went with a shorter haircut in later videos. 

Someone like Melvin goes with the longer layover. Would be interesting to hear if there are the same comb-over thoughts?

• Like 1

i clicked on his channel and in one thumbnail he was norwood 6 and they transplanted the hairline dense, the midscalp very very sparse and the crown was left completely blank. there are huge gaps on his midscalp so the light to hairline comes from the front, above and from the back so im not suprised you can look quite through it

Edited by mr_peanutbutter