Hi - Looking to get a HT in the UK for £2000...

4 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

The price depends on how many grafts you need.

don’t put price before quality 

No, but was told £2000 would get you a full transplant in Manchester UK..

I am not saying the guy way BSing, but I am wondering how much I can trust this forum, I have never heard of a HT for £2000 and espcially not in the UK, if it was that cheap there would be no bald men in the UK!

Just now, mrk said:

I am not saying the guy way BSing, but I am wondering how much I can trust this forum, I have never heard of a HT for £2000 and espcially not in the UK, if it was that cheap there would be no bald men in the UK!

What is a "full transplant"? 

200 grafts? 2000 grafts? Enough grafts to cover whatever level baldness you have?

Maybe you won't say it. But I will. That guy was BSing. 

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I took a look at their website.

I would avoid them.

I would too... But what were the signs for you. ?

In this day and age REVIEWS and FOLLOWERS mean F*ALL

How does someone like me, who is pretty wise and aware find his way thorugh all the BS*IT?

Vast majority of people on here most likley spam infiltrators!

56 minutes ago, mrk said:

I would too... But what were the signs for you. ?

In this day and age REVIEWS and FOLLOWERS mean F*ALL

How does someone like me, who is pretty wise and aware find his way thorugh all the BS*IT?

Vast majority of people on here most likley spam infiltrators!

I mean if someone has been posting for years, posts about their hair transplant in a lot of detail. Provides regular pictures with monthly/frequent updates then I think it's pretty evident that it's a real review. But you're entitled to be sceptical and think otherwise, in fact I encourage it.

• Like 1

Honestly, I wouldnt go for a transplant anywhere in the UK. I speak this as a UK resident because there is just no surgeon here that produces the same quality results as doctors from Belgium, Spain and Portugal. There are no shortages of good surgeons to look for outside, especially in europe. 

I would still consider increasing the budget for your surgery though to get better results because finding a good surgeon at that sort of price is usually a needle in a haystack, especially if your baldness is advanced.

Results > Convenience

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 7:19 PM, mrk said:

Price aside I think you should ask who is doing the work, how many patients will your doctor be overseeing on that day. At 2k I’m assuming you’d have to be one of 6,7 or 8 patients being overseen by the doctor. But the price is enticing especially if they are able to produce good results. 

My personal experience was a 1:1 only patient on the day. But I know doctors do multiple surgeries on the day i just didn’t feel comfortable being one of however many. Wanted to make sure the doc was there throughout and was hands on. But I suppose you pay for what you get. 

post some pics of the hairline. And let us know how they respond to some the questions above

• Valued Contributor
On 2/26/2023 at 12:11 AM, mrk said:

Been told it's possible. Save me going to Turkey eh!

I'm sure it's possible. But that's a huge red flag and so to is Turkey if you don't do your research. Remember you are not buying a second hand car that you can discard. With surgery you will be stuck with the results for life. Think long term.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 1:32 AM, Gatsby said:

I'm sure it's possible. But that's a huge red flag and so to is Turkey if you don't do your research. Remember you are not buying a second hand car that you can discard. With surgery you will be stuck with the results for life. Think long term.

I am under the impression that many people go to Turkey and have success, as paying £10k in the UK or US or EU is just out of most people's remit.

Why have I not had any positive fedback with Turkey on this froum so far?

• Valued Contributor
12 minutes ago, mrk said:

paying £10k in the UK or US or EU is just out of most people's remit.

Yes you are quite right. An elite doctor is expensive. Hair transplantation is expensive (especially if you are a Norwood 6/7). It's also a huge commitment because MPB is progressive and will almost always require several hair transplants over the life span. Most people can't afford them which is why hair mills in Turkey popped up (and in all countries for that matter). I remember seeing a botched hair transplant in India for US$500. You can imagine the results. You are better off looking at what you spend your money on and cut back on something and save up, or look at shaving your head, or medication or just accepting MPB if you can. Because it's always better to do nothing if it's financially not viable. I have never spent more than $6k for a car in my life and each one I've owned for many years. I don't have kids, I work 60 plus hours a week and have done so all of my life. When I think about what I have spent on hair transplants, SMP, repair surgeries for two botched hair transplants, etc it's almost embarrassing how much I have spent. It's what people value that dictates what they are prepared to put their money towards. All the best.

• Like 1

Life is not fair and good things are not cheap. But as a hair loss sufferer you already knew life isn’t fair. We all have to exchange time for money, and we here are effectively trying to exchange money back into time with a more youthful appearance.

I understand the frustration of not being able to afford what you want. But the unfortunate reality is you might be even worse off going somewhere cheap.

the cheapest ones turn out to be the most expensive 

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

20 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Life is not fair and good things are not cheap. But as a hair loss sufferer you already knew life isn’t fair. We all have to exchange time for money, and we here are effectively trying to exchange money back into time with a more youthful appearance.

I understand the frustration of not being able to afford what you want. But the unfortunate reality is you might be even worse off going somewhere cheap.

the cheapest ones turn out to be the most expensive 

+ 1 👏🏻