HT Done on March 17, 2004

Hi everyone,

I am a 26 year old male who got a HT done on 3/17/04. I would rather not say the Dr's name because he gets great reviews on here and do not want to ruin his credability, especially since I am just nervous and there is nothing wrong.

I am at the 4 month mark now and am not seeing any results, in fact my hair looks worse, and I look balder than before.

Is it too early to freak out??? Also I read about Rogaine, MSM and all this other stuff on here. Can someone please recommend what I should be taking to help this process.

Thank You

Hi everyone,

I am a 26 year old male who got a HT done on 3/17/04. I would rather not say the Dr's name because he gets great reviews on here and do not want to ruin his credability, especially since I am just nervous and there is nothing wrong.

I am at the 4 month mark now and am not seeing any results, in fact my hair looks worse, and I look balder than before.

Is it too early to freak out??? Also I read about Rogaine, MSM and all this other stuff on here. Can someone please recommend what I should be taking to help this process.

Thank You

Ramvfin,

I don't quite understand why you wouldn't name your doc. That's what this forum is about: sharing experiences, whether they are good or bad. If you're not happy, just speak up, whoever the doc is. & if you had a bad experience, why would you be afraid of "ruining his credibility"? On the contrary, you should be looking fwd to doing so. I've been using every opportunity (& here's another one!!) to ruin the credibility of these ***holes at the Nobel Clinic ever since I started posting here.

However, as was pointed out above, in your case I would just "express concerns" and not jump to conclusions right away. Another reason for naming your doc is to get valuable feedback from his other patients, especially if you know they also post here. Different docs use different procedures and get different growth rates, so it's hard to reassure you without knowing what was done & who did it. Another sensible thing to do would be to post some pics!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Hairworthy, Jotronic and Smoothy thank you for all your input. I got my HT done on 3/17/04 by Dr. Charles in Boca Raton FL. He was referred to me by a friend who had work done by Dr. Charles and it looks great. The pre and post HT Dr. Charles and his staff were excellent. I am just a tad nervous why its not sprouting like crazy. Some guys on this board after 4 months look like new people. At any rate, I spoke to Dr. Charles today and he assured me I am only 4 months into it and I could just be growing at a slower rate than the average and I am probably on the verge of sprouting.. He is prescibing propecia. I have read good and bad things about propecia. One guy lost his hair and eyebrow hair and it never grew back etc. What are evryones thoughts here on Propecia? I am also going to start taking MSM, Dr. Charles was not to familiar with it, but it seems to be spoken very highly of on this board and I will also get on Rogaine asap. I wear a hat a lot..could this be a reason why I am growing at a slower rate than the norm?

ANy feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'd use Rogaine 5% also. I use Kirkland Minox 5% which is alot cheaper (about $8/month).

Some people will disagree and say that Rogaine made them shed or makes their scalp itchy. Both of these circumstances are possible but it works great for me.

Also, Rogaine is a treatment that you should stay on indefinitely. There are studies that show that if you use Rogaine for a long time and then stop the treatment, you will rapidly lose all the hair you gained with it (often a significant amount) and sometimes more. If this site allowed links to outside information I would provide specific studies. Message me if you need more information.

Random info. There are several studies that show that Rogaine 5% grows significantly more hair than Propecia (though Minox technically does nothing to "stop" the progression of hair loss).

The 5 year propecia study shows a 277 hair difference (in a 1 inch diameter circle) between the propecia group and the placebo group after 5 years. That seems unbelievable but that's what the study says.

Be ready with Nizoral AD shampoo if the Rogaine causes any itch. You can use the shampoo 2 or 3 times per week. It has been shown to have some benefit to hair growth and it's also a good 'anti-inflammitory' shampoo.

fifty,

Different studies show different results. Generally, Rogaine has better results during the 1st 2 years and Finasteride is better after that. It also depends on what you want to achieve & how your body reacts to the products. We have posters on this forum who've been on Finasteride only for 2 or more years & are extremely happy with the results. Others have been on both & still lose hair. I am not aware of anyone using Rogaine ONLY with good results.

Ramvfin,

I think you're in good hands with Dr Charles, so be patient. & plan on Proscar rather than Propecia, just to save some $... Merck is already making enough money, no need to sponsor them.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Fifty,

Get on Propecia and Rogain if not already.

HT various not only by patient but also by other factors unknown. I've had HT were my grafts never fell out and continued to grow from day 1 of the surgery, I've had HT were it took 3 months to start to see/feel the new grafts, and I've had one HT that took about 8 months before any growth but also saw growth out to 18 months---SO each surgery is different.

The meds will help stimulate growth and maintain good enviroment for your new grafts.

Good luck.

Dr. Charles is excellent; chances are very good that he did NOT mess up. It is possible that much of your transplanted hair has grown (and sometimes it is just hard to see any improvement without a before pic).

I didn't see any growth until about month 5. Month 6 has always been very exciting.

Everything will work out, but if you insist on freaking out, just be careful with your head. icon_cool.gif

thanks for the info...

so I plan on propecia, msm and 5% rogaine....is that good or are there other things I chould ba taking as well?

these, plus a multi-vitamin each day is what I take. I am only using minox to jump-start the growth of my HT, then I will stop. I don't like the greasy nature of it. I may stay on MSM, although I will probably lower the dosage to 1000mg (from 3000mg) after the HT hair is strong and healthy. I will never quit propecia until something better AND PROVEN comes along.