Am I too far gone for a hair transplant?

Hey guys, would love your thoughts on this!

Been losing hair for a while, I was on minox & finastride for a year with good results, but stopped a year ago. This is where I'm at now. I am thinking of hopping back on fin & min to see where I get before a HT. Just wondering if this is too far gone at this point and if I'm better off just going SMP or hair system? Thanks! My doner area is very strong.

Photos include 3 photos of it grown out a bit to maybe 3mm. Then 3 photos shaved down to a zero guard. 

28 M

Thanks!

2023-02-23 09_08_07-Window.png

2023-02-23 09_08_16-Window.png

2023-02-23 09_08_25-Window.png

2023-02-23 09_08_31-Window.png

2023-02-23 09_08_46-Window.png

2023-02-23 09_08_54-Window.png

• Administrators

What are your expectations?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Good question. Obviously I would love a full head of hair but I understand that's not realistic. 

I don't really know what to expect given my current stage of hair loss. Would you have any reference pics or further information you can help with what I can expect? 

I've been rocking the shaved head for almost a year now, I wouldn't mind continuing to shave aslong as I have enough density so the bald areas aren't so obvious. 

• Valued Contributor

One thing I should mention is that if you have any thoughts at all about shaving your head in the future then I would pass on surgery. You will be left with scars whether you have FUE or FUT. Think hard on this one. A hair piece is reversible. Also a hair transplant is not perfect and hair greed is real. A hair transplant will only give you the illusion of having more hair. It can never match having never lost your hair.  With that said if you stay on the meds then have a look at the recommended surgeons on the forum. Try and find results that are in line with your goals. Look for a surgeon who turns out these results on a regular basis by patient reviews. Once you start down this road though you are on it for life. All the best. 👍

• Like 1

Thanks mate! Yeah I suppose I suggested shaving incase after a HT I still have an obviously balding crown for example. 
This is why I decided to stop the meds, I had some good progress but it was still obvious I wasn't going to fully recover the crown and at the time I didn't think I would care enough to spend the money on a HT, but here I am 😆

It's a pain! If hair systems didn't have so much stigma around it I would probably just jump on that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

One thing I should mention is that if you have any thoughts at all about shaving your head in the future then I would pass on surgery. You will be left with scars whether you have FUE or FUT. Think hard on this one. A hair piece is reversible. Also a hair transplant is not perfect and hair greed is real. A hair transplant will only give you the illusion of having more hair. It can never match having never lost your hair.  With that said if you stay on the meds then have a look at the recommended surgeons on the forum. Try and find results that are in line with your goals. Look for a surgeon who turns out these results on a regular basis by patient reviews. Once you start down this road though you are on it for life. All the best. 👍

How about SMP on fue scars? seems like it can be a good solution in case someone decide to shave their head after HT no?

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, BaldingGymBro said:

Oh wow. You're a good person to talk to about it then. How was your experience? 

Did it make you feel more confident?

At the time yes. I had some scars from two botched punch graft surgeries. Yes I was young and it gave me my hair back and also coveted all of the scars. 

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, BaldingGymBro said:

@Gatsby

Sure here are some more pics. 

1. Current back of head.

2. Longer hair being on fin & min ~8 months?

3. Then after stopping & going through the shedding phase. 

It's been almost a year since the shed & obviously the hair loss continues 

2023-02-23 11_12_49-Window.png

2023-02-23 11_13_04-Window.png

2023-02-23 11_14_42-Window.png

If you will shave off your head thn you should nt consider ht...i believe evn if you don't mind a bald look and you feel enough confident thn no need of a surgery and smp would be a better option ....and you cn b on oral minoxidil and finasteride along with it to preserve your existing grafts...

You should only go for a ht if you are not confident and dont feel positive about your bald look...and if its so thn you cn consider dr pittela, dr zarev , eugenix ...they shown good results whn it comes to high grade baldness cases

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023