Otoplasty - Ear reduction surgery

49 minutes ago, Hairagainn said:

Bro don’t. It’s a slippery slope, next thing you know you look like those fake plastic celebrities. 

Completely senseless and even hypocritical. It's like saying "don't do hair transplant, you will look like those fake plastic celebrities", couldn't be more wrong.

The plastic look comes from fillers (which are not surgery), OP wants smaller ears, which has nothing to do with looking plastic.

Does this look plastic to you?

earreduction.jpg.0dabc3e880078b94e0954d1cbdaf30aa.jpg

OP ear reduction is a relatively simple surgery, cheap and with low risks of looking bad. I like the work of James Pearson. Also, if you also want a hair transplant doctor that does that, Sahar Nadimi from Chicago Hair Institute also performs ear surgery:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CisAEQ8r_tC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Dr. Leila Kasari in Toronto is very experienced doing otoplasty, according to their site she has performed thousands and does otoplasty at least twice a week. That's important as most surgeons doing this work do other bigger cosmetic surgeries that make them more money, so doing plenty of surgeries is important imo

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hairagainn said:

There is a world of difference between moving hairs from back of head to front and cutting apart/mutilating organs. There is no hypocrisy involved, hair transplant is recreating what was already there before baldness, nobody is born bald, everybody has beautiful NW0 hair. Nose job, boob job, ear job, butt job etc is mutilating/changing completely functional organs to meet certain beauty standards. 

You’re making this serious surgery such a dreamy thing but do you know ear surgery is permanent and unlike hair transplants, there is no extra ear to be used for repair. He does the surgery and it comes out looking horrible, there is no other elastic cartilage tissue to recreate his ear.

There are many ways it is a slippery slope, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

I advised him based on what I have seen happen to many other people who go down this path and I don’t believe it is senseless or hypocritical. If he was missing his ears or nose ,he should definitely get new ears or nose but I don’t think changing perfectly good looking and functional organ is a good idea to meet certain beauty standards. 

LOL you truly are ignorant.

So hair transplants aren't surgery, they aren't permanent and can be reversed any time (as if surgeons didn't reject cases), there's no cartilage in the entire body to replace a small piece of ear cartilage (lmao), and beauty isn't tied to function (spoiler: it is).

You didn't advise him, you spilled lots of misinformation, and did it as if you were some kind of authority without any proof (but lots of ignorance instead).

If surgery is that bad, don't get a hair transplant, shave your head, that's your natural look. Don't mutilate your hair follicles moving them to other direction, mother nature wants you bald, not with plastic hair (your reasoning, not mine).

You wanting a hair transplant (which is surgery) and talking bad about surgery to other people is the definition of hypocrisy, whatever you like it or not.

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Like 2

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Thanks guys for your input, sorry I misworded it a bit - I actually just want to have my ears pinned back closer to my head if that makes sense, so they don't stick out as much. I don't want to change the shape of my ears

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...