Dr Yaman - 6400 grafts - Feb 23

Dannyboy88

Hey guys, first proper post on this site so go easy on me!

Brief background on me & my hair loss. 34 years older suffered from hair loss for 10 years and have now reached NW6 and haven’t progressed for the past 5 years. I’m not on any fin or mix.

Started my research for a hair transplant around 6 months ago, decided on Dr Yaman due to some recent NW6 cases and in general some excellent work at a reasonable cost. 

After a few weeks of consultation back in November we agreed a date and a 2 day surgery.

Just to note that pre surgery the customer care was excellent from the driver at the airport to the hotel. Felt really looked after and welcome.

1st day - first off was donor inspection and hairline drawing etc which was very detailed and Dr Yaman spends plenty of time without rushing to make sure you’re happy. I have had SMP done which you can see in the photos and the hairline is probably too low, Dr Yaman advised that a more reserved hairline would be best which I agreed with so will look at some removal in the future if it’s needed.

Luckily, although I have fine hair I have a good donor with the majority of hair being multiples.  We decided on a mature/natural hairline in order to achieve maximum density possible. After that the guys went ahead and did 3.5k grafts using donor from my left hand side and back of head. We finished around 9pm.

2nd day it was an earlier start, straight to it with another 2k grafts taken from from right hand side and then 900 from my beard. Cleaned and bandaged up with clear instructions for that evening and taken back to the hotel.  

3rd and final day is tomorrow which is the first day hair wash at the clinic followed by my flight back to the UK. Just the final hurdle of getting around Istanbul airport. 

I’ve attached some pre op photos and post op. I’ll attach donor pics tomorrow.

Overall, I’m super pleased. The works looks really clean and they have utilised the grafts well for the best coverage possible. Let me know what you think guys 👍89222750-4762-44FF-A29A-5EA873D96A90.thumb.jpeg.5c60c105cb2a6d69ffb5f905bbbd1106.jpegF42A878E-D9CF-4935-8182-EB3B90FD3C30.thumb.jpeg.792081c60b4b503061394e1ec5482374.jpeg

6C0EEE83-11AB-4462-9ECE-BF5712CA96A1.jpeg

547C00A0-3F3E-44D2-B664-B36541E2E32F.jpeg

257B09AF-0B1E-47F8-B504-D46B33905AB9.jpeg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Dannyboy88 said:

Brief background on me & my hair loss. 34 years older suffered from hair loss for 10 years and have now reached NW6 and haven’t progressed for the past 5 years. I’m not on any fin or mix.

Started my research for a hair transplant around 6 months ago, decided on Dr Yaman due to some recent NW6 cases and in general some excellent work at a reasonable cost. 

After a few weeks of consultation back in November we agreed a date and a 2 day surgery.

Just to note that pre surgery the customer care was excellent from the driver at the airport to the hotel. Felt really looked after and welcome.

1st day - first off was donor inspection and hairline drawing etc which was very detailed and Dr Yaman spends plenty of time without rushing to make sure you’re happy. I have had SMP done which you can see in the photos and the hairline is probably too low, Dr Yaman advised that a more reserved hairline would be best which I agreed with so will look at some removal in the future if it’s needed.

Luckily, although I have fine hair I have a good donor with the majority of hair being multiples.  We decided on a mature/natural hairline in order to achieve maximum density possible. After that the guys went ahead and did 3.5k grafts using donor from my left hand side and back of head. We finished around 9pm.

2nd day it was an earlier start, straight to it with another 2k grafts taken from from right hand side and then 900 from my beard. Cleaned and bandaged up with clear instructions for that evening and taken back to the hotel.  

3rd and final day is tomorrow which is the first day hair wash at the clinic followed by my flight back to the UK. Just the final hurdle of getting around Istanbul airport. 

Overall, I’m super pleased. The works looks really clean and they have utilised the grafts well for the best coverage possible. Let me know what you think guys 👍89222750-4762-44FF-A29A-5EA873D96A90.thumb.jpeg.5c60c105cb2a6d69ffb5f905bbbd1106.jpegF42A878E-D9CF-4935-8182-EB3B90FD3C30.thumb.jpeg.792081c60b4b503061394e1ec5482374.jpeg

Happy growing. Looks very clean work…

it’s good that dr yaman spends quite a lot time for the pre consultation in order to organise the best plan for your case.

The mature hairline was also good choice in order to save donor grafts for a possible future touch up.

I think you are going to see a massive difference in 8 months from now 😃

so it was a 2 day procedure. The extraction was done with a manual punch ? 

Edited by Belve

13 hours ago, Dannyboy88 said:

it’s good that dr yaman spends quite a lot time for the pre consultation in order to organise the best plan for your case.

The mature hairline was also good choice in order to save donor grafts for a possible future touch up.

16 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Im happy everything worked out for you. your Looking great with good coverage, Good choice with Dr Yaman, all the best and happy growing.

Thanks Timothy! Looks like everything is going to plan for you? Keep us updated

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dannyboy88 said:

Thanks Timothy! Looks like everything is going to plan for you? Keep us updated

Thank you and Will do for sure and you do the same 🙂

Edited by Timothy

4 hours ago, Archan said:

Looks good and clean work...seems dense enough to get a satisfactory outcome..will following ur journey closely ....wish u all the growth..😊

Thank you ☺️

Fair play to anyone who goes through with it because it’s not an easy task. Travelling alone to a country you don’t know and putting your trust in other people is a massive thing so I must say thank you to this forum for providing all the info I needed to make an informed decision and fingers crossed I have!

Even coming back through the airport I met quite a few guys who were unhappy with their transplants. One was told 4k grafts when clearly it was around half of this, it really is a minefield.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh its tough..and many r evn cheated thr as u mentioned abt someone and many head had been butchered as most of the clinics over thr are jst pathetic ...bt u have chosen a good one and u will get a good result...keep updating..😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

21 hours ago, Belve said:

I met 2 other guys whilst there and all the work looked very clean and dense. It was a 2 day procedure done with a manual punch. 2 very long days 😴 

15 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh its tough..and many r evn cheated thr as u mentioned abt someone and many head had been butchered as most of the clinics over thr are jst pathetic ...bt u have chosen a good one and u will get a good result...keep updating..😊

Will do 👍 Dr Yaman is a cool guy, a man of few words but you can see he cares and his passion. On my final day when I went for a head wash he inspected my head and unless he’s a fantastic actor, he was so made up with the work that he was shouting ‘the angles are perfect, the density, everything’! Tbf he filled me with confidence especially after 2 gruelling days! 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Dannyboy88 said:

Will do 👍 Dr Yaman is a cool guy, a man of few words but you can see he cares and his passion. On my final day when I went for a head wash he inspected my head and unless he’s a fantastic actor, he was so made up with the work that he was shouting ‘the angles are perfect, the density, everything’! Tbf he filled me with confidence especially after 2 gruelling days! 

Thts nice of him

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

4 hours ago, Dannyboy88 said:

I met 2 other guys whilst there and all the work looked very clean and dense. It was a 2 day procedure done with a manual punch. 2 very long days 😴 

Did you select the 2-day procedure or dr yaman suggested it in your case ? 

2 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

That’s a good price for a 2 day procedure with 6400 grafts.

I think dr yaman is the best value for money option…

Agreed but I guess proof is in the pudding! 

I forgot to add the breakdown of grafts:

1330 singles 

3170 doubles

1910 multiples

Dr Yaman did mention I had a higher than average number of doubles & multiples. I’m hoping this works in my favour for density 🙏 

Hey guys,

Just thought I’d give an update and probably look for abit of reassurance! Heads still abit swollen as you can probably see but on the plus side I’m sleeping much better! On day 5 now. I’ve attached some photos of the front, mid and crown. Let me know your thoughts. Just bare in mind that the crown is a day behind in terms of recovery as was done a day later.

Donor is recovering well considering over 5k grafts were taken.. will upload some photos tomorrow when the mrs is home so I can get some decent pics of it. Beards pretty much recovered.

Also, ordered some fin & minoxidil as i figured I’m all and want to give myself the best chance, there’s no harm in trying! 

Trying to keep myself busy without looking every 5 minutes is a job in itself but it’s exciting none the less!

B2B51838-CCA1-4F8F-9A79-3EB291A2E3F2.thumb.jpeg.556e645153bd82aaf93e898d5548c99a.jpeg

Under bathroom light 0DBA635D-CBA7-4C06-9C2F-90BB992911D0.thumb.jpeg.8467668e022ea0c27fbab60e7ce3416e.jpeg92B8F8B6-F433-4C1F-802B-F6C4275B3663.thumb.jpeg.044231aa2e64357fa6f29380ddcfcaa8.jpeg590AC45B-23D2-4847-89BE-C8AC5E12FA32.thumb.jpeg.c007a32a8bd3ae75d84f464beb08a338.jpeg112E0ED8-6170-4B69-B903-314FB5A68025.thumb.jpeg.483a014cd41f0877b71becfd65f90b79.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1