8 months results. Are they on track.

Chiku

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

They may be singles But they’re very high caliber 

Yeh they are high caliber...bt at the end they are single hair grafts...you cannot pick multiple hair grafts from beard and evn texture is different so it doesn't look natural at all..so imo it can be used well with scalp grafts in a balanced ration (70/30) or at the most (60/40)...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

14 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh they are high caliber...bt at the end they are single hair grafts...you cannot pick multiple hair grafts from beard and evn texture is different so it doesn't look natural at all..so imo it can be used well with scalp grafts in a balanced ration (70/30) or at the most (60/40)...

evn texture is different so it doesn't look natural at all.

It depends from person to person. Outcome aside, my transplanted scalp and bead hairs look very similar, and the ratio was 66/33. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, Chiku said:

evn texture is different so it doesn't look natural at all.

It depends from person to person. Outcome aside, my transplanted scalp and bead hairs look very similar, and the ratio was 66/33. 

Yeh depends from person to person bt in most cases it is different ...and evn if  it is nt different still thr should be a balanced ration...66/33 is perfect ...

• Like 1

--> My Thread

6 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh depends from person to person bt in most cases it is different ...and evn if  it is nt different still thr should be a balanced ration...66/33 is perfect ...

Agree.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, StillAlive said:

...also, a buzzcut is a really bad choice when it comes to seeing the benefits of an HT. You want 6-8cm's of hair length for it to achieve it's maximum coverage value. Also agree with the colleagues, the yield does seem rather poor. 

I'm not sure about this. 

Long hair with this low density will just make it look like a comb-over. He has some pics where he left it that long, and it looks completely see-through and not very good.

I would personally prefer a buzz-cut that looks neat than a comb-over and the social shame that comes with obviously trying to hide it.

Edited by Xanadu

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2023 at 6:12 PM, Chiku said:

11.5 months update. 3000 grafts, 2000 scalp, 1000 beard.

All are in bright light except, the fourth one( carpeted floor) is in a room without lights on.

ront.jpeg

frontheadtilt.jpeg

FrontTiltMore.jpeg

Topnolight.jpeg

TopTIltUp.jpeg

Top.jpeg

Top.jpeg

right.jpeg

Left.jpeg

Its not dense but it looks natural. If this was the goal, then it is a win.

Edit:

Personally I feel you look good, I am in need of a repair as well, and a result like yours would be an improvement for me. With that being said, are you happy with these results? Do they meet the objectives set before the hair transplant. Do you mind sharing who was your doctor and what was your package ?

Edited by bigmistake

• Valued Contributor

Density is ofcourse less ..but the area to be covered is very big compared to the number of grafts implanted ...this much area can't get dense coverage with just 3k grafts and which even consist 1k beard grafts...

What did the doctor say ?

Edited by A_4_Archan

--> My Thread

On 2/9/2023 at 8:14 PM, Z-- said:

Agree @Archan. This is disappointing to see. Way too many bad cases lately. Not going to recommend them in the same breath as higher Norwood elites like Zarev until I see massive improvement (both in their technique and ethics for failed cases).

On 2/9/2023 at 8:15 PM, hairman22 said:

Eugenix some to reject very few candidates

I do think with another procedure who could get a good visual result if you went for a buzzcut look

I can understand that it could be dissapointing to see but, out of 100 clinics, 98 would probably reject this guy. I dont think zarev could have done better honestly. From what I see on social media, zarev's patients seems to have good/thick donors and as artistic as zarev is, he will get Great results. Eugenix on the other hand, takes on very difficult cases which tells me how much they believe in themselves. Because they could easily reject people and go for "safer" cases and take less risk regarding final outcome and reputation. Also even the best clinics will produce bad results every now and then. I think this criticism against eugenix is unfair. They are giving hope to many people. You cant expect cristiano to score a hattrick every game he plays except that he does best with the oppurtunity that is given.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

Eugenix on the other hand, takes on very difficult cases which tells me how much they believe in themselves. Because they could easily reject people and go for "safer" cases and take less risk regarding final outcome and reputation

I completely agree with the point you made and that's what sets Eugenix apart from the rest, at least the rest of the HT clinics in India, and puts the at par with a handful of clinics in the world. There are at least 15-20 clinics in India itself which can give great results for Norwood 7 with untouched donor. They may not be on the list of approved clinics on this forum, but results posted on youtube speaks for themselves. But giving results on advanced norwood with depleted donors like that of Rahul Raichand,  @Gatsby, @IrishWarrior  sets Eugenix apart. If Eugenix were to stop taking on these difficult cases like these, they would cede their space to other clinics and many more which pop up every year.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 5:30 AM, Rafael Manelli said:

3000 grafts should provide more coverage than this, even over an area this large.

what was your average hairs per graft, and caliber?

They used just 2000 scalp grafts. In some cases only 2000 grafts are used in the hairline.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 10:48 PM, sekiro109 said:

Very poor results at close to 12 months. I see even in the hairline where they concentrated more grafts, there is very poor growth. 

Thanks. Do you have any examples of pre and post pics for Norwood 7 who had 3000 grafts with 2000 scalp and some of them from side locks and 1000 beard graft. Just want to see how my results compare to others with similar stage of baldness and similar pattern of graft use. 

12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

For 3,000 grafts to cover such a large area I think this result is very natural. 👍

Thanks @Gatsby for valuable input. 

5 hours ago, Zinedine said:

@Chiku in my humble opinion, you would greatly benefit changing your look... Buzz it out and go for cool hipster look!

Just look at this photo of yours ... 

Immediate-post-transplant.thumb.png.3678

And grow some beard and ... voilaaa!!

image.thumb.jpeg.fdd80574da6b458e5503310976447040.jpeg

I agree! I tried several months last year. 

I am going for another session with Eugenix next month. Will see how that goes. 

On 4/23/2023 at 8:35 AM, Chiku said:

I completely agree with the point you made and that's what sets Eugenix apart from the rest, at least the rest of the HT clinics in India, and puts the at par with a handful of clinics in the world. There are at least 15-20 clinics in India itself which can give great results for Norwood 7 with untouched donor. They may not be on the list of approved clinics on this forum, but results posted on youtube speaks for themselves. But giving results on advanced norwood with depleted donors like that of Rahul Raichand,  @Gatsby, @IrishWarrior  sets Eugenix apart. If Eugenix were to stop taking on these difficult cases like these, they would cede their space to other clinics and many more which pop up every year.

Irish Warrior had 3231 scalp grafts implanted and 3769 beard grafts, with some hair from his previous transplant as well. For 3000 grafts they have been able to recreate a natural look. They should have only limited your expectations from the start. Another 1,000 grafts from the scalp and another 2,000 from beard may give coverage similar to @IrishWarrior

I do agree that the results aren't dense enough for the perfect coverage. 

However it's important to reiterate that in extreme cases with NW7 it's very difficult to get these. For 3000 grafts placed throughout the hairline I feel like they didn't do a bad job but obviously should have managed their expectations a bit better.  it's more likely the communication which went wrong rather then the transplant itself since it wasn't the first one taken by op. 

• Valued Contributor

I would sooner have a natural result with low density than a high density result that stood out like dog's balls everyday of the week. Let's not forget that @Chiku has the option of adding fibres, cutting his hair short, SMP or just enjoy a natural result as is. 👌

6 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Irish Warrior had 3231 scalp grafts implanted and 3769 beard grafts, with some hair from his previous transplant as well. For 3000 grafts they have been able to recreate a natural look. They should have only limited your expectations from the start. Another 1,000 grafts from the scalp and another 2,000 from beard may give coverage similar to @IrishWarrior

Yes I saw the breakdown for @IrishWarrior but he had his crown covered as well with those numbers. I have opted to use the second session to improve density on the area they previously worked on. 

6 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I do agree that the results aren't dense enough for the perfect coverage. 

However it's important to reiterate that in extreme cases with NW7 it's very difficult to get these. For 3000 grafts placed throughout the hairline I feel like they didn't do a bad job but obviously should have managed their expectations a bit better.  it's more likely the communication which went wrong rather then the transplant itself since it wasn't the first one taken by op. 

I still feel frontal look has improved as desired (or close to)despite the suboptimal top and side views.

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I would sooner have a natural result with low density than a high density result that stood out like dog's balls everyday of the week. Let's not forget that @Chiku has the option of adding fibres, cutting his hair short, SMP or just enjoy a natural result as is. 👌

@GatsbyI am planning another session on May 31st with Eugenic with plan to use 1000 scalp and 2000 beard grafts. Hopefully that should improve the illusion of density from all angles. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chiku said:

Yes I saw the breakdown for @IrishWarrior but he had his crown covered as well with those numbers. I have opted to use the second session to improve density on the area they previously worked on. 

I still feel frontal look has improved as desired (or close to)despite the suboptimal top and side views.

@GatsbyI am planning another session on May 31st with Eugenic with plan to use 1000 scalp and 2000 beard grafts. Hopefully that should improve the illusion of density from all angles. 

Yes, he did have his crown covered I did not take that into consideration. Where do you live ? If you are having doubts about graft survivability, you can maybe talk to another doctor.

15 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

Yes, he did have his crown covered I did not take that into consideration. Where do you live ? If you are having doubts about graft survivability, you can maybe talk to another doctor.

I live in the US but am of Indian origin and have a home in India. What makes you think if there could be issue with graft survivability?  I am not sure what would have I expected with 3000 grafts, with 1000 being from beard and many scalp grafts coming out of my side locks. There are no egs on internet which I could compare to mine. 

3 minutes ago, Chiku said:

I live in the US but am of Indian origin and have a home in India. What makes you think if there could be issue with graft survivability?  I am not sure what would have I expected with 3000 grafts, with 1000 being from beard and many scalp grafts coming out of my side locks. There are no egs on internet which I could compare to mine. 

Maybe get a consultation with Dr Konior or Dr Sahar Nadimi in Chicago. To me the density look good for the amount grafts transplanted. If I come across a similar case I shall share it with you. 

I had a FUE surgery 9 months ago, my recipient area is similar to yours except with a strong hairline and nothing behind it. I'm not sure how many grafts I have in my scalp area. I live in Delhi and will be going to Eugenix on the 12th month mark. Since our receipt areas are similar I will keep you posted on what are Eugenix's thoughts on my case.

2 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Maybe get a consultation with Dr Konior or Dr Sahar Nadimi in Chicago. To me the density look good for the amount grafts transplanted. If I come across a similar case I shall share it with you. 

I had a FUE surgery 9 months ago, my recipient area is similar to yours except with a strong hairline and nothing behind it. I'm not sure how many grafts I have in my scalp area. I live in Delhi and will be going to Eugenix on the 12th month mark. Since our receipt areas are similar I will keep you posted on what are Eugenix's thoughts on my case.

Thanks. I did see your pics through the link you posted. Your recipient area appear to be different fromm mine as does the grade of baldness. You got native hairs all over. Although it is hard to see the full extend of baldness because the pics are immediate post op. But definitely not a typical norwood 6 or7.