8 months results. Are they on track.

Chiku

Hi All,

Below are my pre-transplant pics, immediate post transplant 3000 FUE grafts( 2000 scalp and one thousand beard), 8 months post transplant and most recent pics with buzz cut.

I feel the frontal look has improved but I have concerns when seen from the top. Just want an honest opinion if these results are satisfactory and in line with the outcomes one would expect with 3000 grafts.  

PreTransplant-Front.jpeg

Pretransplant-FrontTop.png

Pretransplantright lateral.jpeg

Pretransplant-TOp.png

Pretransplant-lefftlateral.jpeg

Immediate-post-transplant.png

8monthTOp.jpg

8month-Front (2).jpg

8month-leftside.jpg

8 month-side.jpg

Front-Shaved (2).jpg

Shaved-Top.jpg

Shaved-leftside (2).jpg

Shaved-side (2).jpg

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

3k grafts was never enough to cover such a large area, but even so the graft yield seems like it was poor. 

8 months is definitely enough time in your case to begin looking for a new doctor to do a 2nd pass...

Had several HTs done in the past. 

10 hours ago, Archan said:

I dnt think u r a good candidate of ht considering ur grade of baldness and big scalp area with poor donor...

Agree, in hindsight. But sometimes you feel there is nothing to loose.

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

...also, a buzzcut is a really bad choice when it comes to seeing the benefits of an HT. You want 6-8cm's of hair length for it to achieve it's maximum coverage value. Also agree with the colleagues, the yield does seem rather poor. 

Possibly poor outcome could be related to prior HTs. Any thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Baal123 said:

The yield isn’t looking great but you never know it may improve in the coming months.  I can’t see it having a drastic improvement though.  

where did you get your HT from? 

Eugenix, they feel that it may improve up to 12 months. But had prior HTs elsewhere.

Anecdotally, each subsequent HT has reduced chances of success given the scalp's scarring, lower quality of the donor etc. It's essentially diminishing returns, that is why everyone in the community is adamant on getting the first procedure done right. It kinda sets you up for success with smaller future procedures vs chasing after it to repair it.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh nothng to loose other thn money and so much time and evn bad feelings dealing with a bad outcome ..

But did eugenix told ths beforehand tht u r nt a good candidate or did they tell u tht u will get a good hair of head? 

Even considering 3k grafts implanted the outcome is nt tht good as of now..lets see if gets better with time as thr are many slow growers and evn people gets growth till 18months ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, Chiku said:

Agree, in hindsight. But sometimes you feel there is nothing to loose.

Possibly poor outcome could be related to prior HTs. Any thoughts?

Eugenix, they feel that it may improve up to 12 months. But had prior HTs elsewhere.

Oh wow I didn’t realise it was Eugenix. They are the ones I’m seriously considering for next year but lately I’m seeing a good few bad results, especially from those with poor donor and prior HT’s

I had a strip procedure 21 years ago and now going to Eugenix is concerning me.  

I really hope you get a better outcome over the next few months. 

Would you mind sharing how much you paid and what package you opted for? 

Who was the doctor that did this procedure? Have you had previous procedures?

For 3,000 grafts this is very poor growth. I think your donor hairs are a bit weak looking, but I still would expect much better than this.

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Anecdotally, each subsequent HT has reduced chances of success given the scalp's scarring, lower quality of the donor etc. It's essentially diminishing returns, that is why everyone in the community is adamant on getting the first procedure done right. It kinda sets you up for success with smaller future procedures vs chasing after it to repair it.

True. Also what is debatable is the whether it is an inherent condition of scalp which led to several procedures due to suboptimal outcome from prior procedure OR multiple procedures caused the scalp condition inhospitable for future grafts. 

9 hours ago, StillAlive said:

...also, a buzzcut is a really bad choice when it comes to seeing the benefits of an HT. You want 6-8cm's of hair length for it to achieve it's maximum coverage value. Also agree with the colleagues, the yield does seem rather poor. 

I see what you men but in my oppinion that two pics with longer hair looks worse and less dense even.

https://content.invisioncic.com/o278943/monthly_2023_02/8month-side.jpg.a181b136345451534a3b2ae54f49eb1e.jpg

3 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh nothng to loose other thn money and so much time and evn bad feelings dealing with a bad outcome ..

But did eugenix told ths beforehand tht u r nt a good candidate or did they tell u tht u will get a good hair of head? 

Even considering 3k grafts implanted the outcome is nt tht good as of now..lets see if gets better with time as thr are many slow growers and evn people gets growth till 18months ...

They did not tell me that I have a good head of hair. No comments, specifically about being a good or bad candidate were made.  Hope it gets better in the months to come. 

2 hours ago, Baal123 said:

Oh wow I didn’t realise it was Eugenix. They are the ones I’m seriously considering for next year but lately I’m seeing a good few bad results, especially from those with poor donor and prior HT’s

I had a strip procedure 21 years ago and now going to Eugenix is concerning me.  

I really hope you get a better outcome over the next few months. 

Would you mind sharing how much you paid and what package you opted for? 

I had strip too 20 years ago. Use your own judgement, no two patients are same. Each have their unique characteristics and histories. They have many great results patients with similar profile as yours. Am sure you have seen their youtube playlist for grade VII norwood results. 

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I’m surprised you say the caliber was thin. Some of those hairs in your donor look super thick,

I was always told that my hairs are thin caliber. They are definitely not DHT affected thin, if that's what you thought I implied when I said they are thin. Inherently they are thin.  which pic did you see which make you think that they are super thick. Z below also mentions in his comment "donor hairs are a bit weak" . 

24 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Who was the doctor that did this procedure? Have you had previous procedures?

For 3,000 grafts this is very poor growth. I think your donor hairs are a bit weak looking, but I still would expect much better than this.

Dr. Arika Bansal. Yes FUTs in the past. Will wait and see if growth improves in the next few months.

• Sad 1

• Valued Contributor

They should have told u before hand and should have made u aware tht you are not a good candidate ...Every ethical surgeon should make the patient aware abt their candidacy and specially in an extreme case like urs...

Bt as u said they didnt tell u earlier regarding this thngs and didn't make u aware so thts not a right thing to do..

Edited by Archan
Spelling mistake

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Epsteins_island said:

Yet another poor eugenix case, sad, was seriously considering going there next year. 

I sincerely hope you are a slow grower and see some gains in the next few months

Actually i still believe their results are good in most of the cases..bt imo they are taking some cases which wud never get a gud result and most of the doctors would consider those ones nt a good candidate for surgery ...i believe tht shud tell this clearly to the patient beforehand ..and thn if the patient wanna continue thn its fine..

--> My Thread

Agree @Archan. This is disappointing to see. Way too many bad cases lately. Not going to recommend them in the same breath as higher Norwood elites like Zarev until I see massive improvement (both in their technique and ethics for failed cases).

• Like 1