Where to get a hair transplant?

Hello! I’m new to this hair transplant world. Would love to get some tips. 
I have very thick curly frizzy dry hair, but it went diffuse thinned on top when I was 19. Today I’m 32 years old and not much has changed. Still diffuse on top. But I’m tall and my existing hair is thick and curly, so people in general don’t notice so easily. 
I have no balding in family, my dad/uncles/brothers/grand parents all have a full head of hair. 

I was thinking about doing an hair transplant in Turkey, because I have a lot of time now. But where? I’ve read it’s important to have a skilled surgeon because I’m diffuse thinner and have curly hair. Someone know where to go? 

also, how fast can I do the transplant? Is it a long waiting time? 

You can get either FUT which leaves a linear scar or FUE which leaves thousands of little dot scars. Curly frizzy dense thick hair is a good indication for FUT. If you plan on wearing it super short at the back and sides, consider FUE, otherwise go for FUT.

Good surgeons have a waiting list of at least a few months usually.

Try Feller & Bloxham, Maitland Clinic, Konior, Hattingen, True & Dorin, Dr Wong…just to name a few.

I wouldn’t go to Turkey if I were you. Not many good surgeons and many many bad ones, and the ones who are better tend to do FUE. You sound like a good FUT candidate to me.

Also try finasteride and Toppik powder before committing to surgery.

• Valued Contributor

Can u please post ur scalp pics for better understanding ur situation and hairloss ....

First of all start medication (oral or topical minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride ) asap after consulting a good doctor ....u cn consider prp therapy along with medication and ths combo really helps in diffused thinning ...prp will boost up ur existing miniaturised grafts and make it fuller and will give u more coverage and medication will help keeping tht graft fuller and thicker and also will help u preserve ur existing hair...do this for 6-8 months and thn see how it goes....u may nt even need a surgery of u r not diffused extensively and if ur body adapts to the medication and therapy ...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

When my hair is wet and greasy it’s terrible. I took a few photos wet/greasy (no shampo for 6 days)

also is photis when long and dry and short and dry. 
it looks “okay” when it’s airdryied long, but soon as I get outside and it’s windy or rain my scalp shows. 

BDE54D80-BEEA-4EE3-8527-83C5C679F21F.jpeg

A32F5A86-22DB-4C6E-9E64-7FCF8614F5EE.jpeg

268A3AF4-71FB-474C-ABD2-FCBABF32800E.jpeg

076D495A-AB70-4759-BB5E-F13ACA9A54F0.jpeg

4A871015-36E1-4D86-9EFE-94B9DAAA2762.jpeg

3F1EED13-09BF-4678-9981-7C7BDE43DC5A.jpeg

E7D640CF-09A2-46B9-ABDE-4171F84AACF2.jpeg

8F659F21-33E7-4D73-8978-DC893C7784E4.jpeg

051AACEB-2FC1-4C19-960B-BDA7C9080664.jpeg

1EDD22A1-6CB5-414F-B16A-76DF4CEDE03D.jpeg

A01DCCBC-163D-4A9D-80D5-C1327BF41288.jpeg

88605861-CC08-4213-A295-275302A99CF3.jpeg

17 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

You can get either FUT which leaves a linear scar or FUE which leaves thousands of little dot scars. Curly frizzy dense thick hair is a good indication for FUT. If you plan on wearing it super short at the back and sides, consider FUE, otherwise go for FUT.

Good surgeons have a waiting list of at least a few months usually.

Try Feller & Bloxham, Maitland Clinic, Konior, Hattingen, True & Dorin, Dr Wong…just to name a few.

I wouldn’t go to Turkey if I were you. Not many good surgeons and many many bad ones, and the ones who are better tend to do FUE. You sound like a good FUT candidate to me.

Also try finasteride and Toppik powder before committing to surgery.

Thank you! 
I’ve heard that FUE was superior? 
also heard it’s good in Turkey, both cheap and good quality. 
I live in Europe , but can travel. 

8 hours ago, Archan said:

Can u please post ur scalp pics for better understanding ur situation and hairloss ....

First of all start medication (oral or topical minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride ) asap after consulting a good doctor ....u cn consider prp therapy along with medication and ths combo really helps in diffused thinning ...prp will boost up ur existing miniaturised grafts and make it fuller and will give u more coverage and medication will help keeping tht graft fuller and thicker and also will help u preserve ur existing hair...do this for 6-8 months and thn see how it goes....u may nt even need a surgery of u r not diffused extensively and if ur body adapts to the medication and therapy ...

I posted I few photos! 
thank you, I’ll check that up! 
Is there any way to tell what’s going on with my scalp? Are hair transplants honest when they give advice? 

It's cheap but it's not usually good in Turkey. There are a few good surgeons but they're not as cheap, which sort of nullifies the point of Turkey.

I wouldn't even get an HT if I were you. I'd try finasteride or dutasteride. You may be able to regain thick hair with meds alone. 

And if not, you may lose it all and become Norwood 6. Then you're in trouble. 

If you did get an HT you're looking at about 3000-4000 grafts which may be about €12000

8 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

It's cheap but it's not usually good in Turkey. There are a few good surgeons but they're not as cheap, which sort of nullifies the point of Turkey.

I wouldn't even get an HT if I were you. I'd try finasteride or dutasteride. You may be able to regain thick hair with meds alone. 

And if not, you may lose it all and become Norwood 6. Then you're in trouble. 

If you did get an HT you're looking at about 3000-4000 grafts which may be about €12000

And what would most likely happen if I do a cheap hair transplant in Turkey? Would it be better or even worse? 

Can I really regrow from medication? After how long time if it works? 

the strange thing about my hair loss is 1. No one in my family have male pattern baldness, I’m the only one.. I guess bad luck. 
2. It have not not getting noticeably worse after 12 years ago. As far as I remember, most of the hair loss was 12 years ago in a few months (over a summer if I remember correctly). Since then very slow progress (if at all?). 

If you just go for a random cheap transplant in Turkey you will likely get a bad result. 

Medicine works well for diffuse thinners like you. 

If you use finasteride or dutasteride for a year you may see some serious thickening of the shrinking hairs on your head.

If you go back ten generations you'll find plenty of hair loss in your family. Sometimes it skips a generation or two. The alternative is you don't actually have male pattern baldness but some other condition. Get it checked. 

• Valued Contributor
52 minutes ago, Haloeffect said:

I posted I few photos! 
thank you, I’ll check that up! 
Is there any way to tell what’s going on with my scalp? Are hair transplants honest when they give advice? 

Medication works well in diffused hairloss ...u cn try prp therapy and be on finasteride and minoxidil and i guess u will nt need surgery ...try ths first ..

Yeh a genuine surgeon will give u a good advice..Choosing a bad surgeon would not only give u a bad result bt cn make the situation worse ...so aftr medication and prp if u need transplant thn find a good surgeon ...u can consult surgeons from the recommended list on this forum and thn cn take ur decision 

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor

@Haloeffect if you were to go to Turkey now you would be walking into the lion’s den of a lifetime of regrets. Surgery is always a last resort. I’m not a doctor but you need to try Finasteride and minoxidil for a good twelve months before judging your hair. You can use this time doing research and asking lots of questions on this forum. All the best. 

On 2/7/2023 at 12:19 AM, Haloeffect said:

Hello! I’m new to this hair transplant world. Would love to get some tips. 
I have very thick curly frizzy dry hair, but it went diffuse thinned on top when I was 19. Today I’m 32 years old and not much has changed. Still diffuse on top. But I’m tall and my existing hair is thick and curly, so people in general don’t notice so easily. 
I have no balding in family, my dad/uncles/brothers/grand parents all have a full head of hair. 

I was thinking about doing an hair transplant in Turkey, because I have a lot of time now. But where? I’ve read it’s important to have a skilled surgeon because I’m diffuse thinner and have curly hair. Someone know where to go? 

also, how fast can I do the transplant? Is it a long waiting time? 

For now i think its better to take finasteride, which is going to help you a lot.

After 1 year you could take again photos and compare the before/after. There are good and skilled surgeons in Turkey in afforable price starting from 1 euro/graft. You could consider Dr Yaman, Turan, Gur, Demirsoy, Bicer, Pekiner, HLC, Keser. All those surgeons are safe choices in Turkey. 

Edited by Jackdaniels

As others have mentioned, try medication for at least a year and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then you should consider surgery. If you consult with surgeons now and they're ethical, they will most likely recommend you the same thing of getting on medication for at least a year since you have diffuse thinning. If they don't, then that's an indication they see you as dollar signs.

I’m now at fin+min and I will order a demaroller also. Is 1mm good? 

The hair transplant clinic was a joke, it just felt like a sales pitch for prp treatment. She barely looked at my hair, just very quick and said it’s “male pattern baldness” and couldn’t answer my questions regarding my experiences.. 

Is prp treatment any good? Worth the money? How many sessions is recommended? 

i have a hard time apply minoxidil, is it easier if I shave my head? How important is minoxidil? My hair is so frizzy and thick so it takes a lot of the substance when applying. 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Haloeffect said:

I’m now at fin+min and I will order a demaroller also. Is 1mm good? 

The hair transplant clinic was a joke, it just felt like a sales pitch for prp treatment. She barely looked at my hair, just very quick and said it’s “male pattern baldness” and couldn’t answer my questions regarding my experiences.. 

Is prp treatment any good? Worth the money? How many sessions is recommended? 

i have a hard time apply minoxidil, is it easier if I shave my head? How important is minoxidil? My hair is so frizzy and thick so it takes a lot of the substance when applying. 

Yeh prp treatment will boost ur existing grafts so your grafts will get more thicker and fuller and even the miniaturised grafts will get fuller and tht hw u will get better coverage...generally 3-4 prp session for 1st year is advised by doctor..and after 1st year  1-2 session evry year for maintenance ....and along with ths whn u keep ur medication on it will help in preserving ur grafts and keep it fuller and thicker.. 

Yeh finasteride and minoxidil both are important ...they both have different roles to play....i guess derma rolling with a curly hair wud nt be a wise thng as u may damage ur hair strands ...

If topical minoxidil is nt convenient to u thn u cn consider oral minoxidil after consulting ur physician ...oral form if well tolerated wud give better result in my experience...

--> My Thread

Today I buzzed my hair very short. I want to follow the progress easier. Actually I like myself in buzz cut, don’t look that bad as I believed it would.. also a plus that my hairline is strong, so very short makes me look like im not balding in photos.. 

But now when it’s short it looks like that almost all hair follicles is there, but most of them in the scalp are very short and thin, but no totally bald spots. Makes a difference? 
Also I noticed scalp looks irritated and red/orange in some places. What does it mean? 
I show photos also. 

And thank you for all help, means a lot. Thanks to this firm I’ve made both mental and active progress in just a few days!!

2C00785F-6AD7-4B7B-9E10-B9EAB1B67A71.jpeg

CF83AA59-D086-4988-B049-02DC1E78B42D.jpeg

6D6F1B56-E12C-43A3-9D09-39E615B5C11F.jpeg

2FC96950-438E-4F60-82F8-D8361D6A1A3A.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, Haloeffect said:

Today I buzzed my hair very short. I want to follow the progress easier. Actually I like myself in buzz cut, don’t look that bad as I believed it would.. also a plus that my hairline is strong, so very short makes me look like im not balding in photos.. 

But now when it’s short it looks like that almost all hair follicles is there, but most of them in the scalp are very short and thin, but no totally bald spots. Makes a difference? 
Also I noticed scalp looks irritated and red/orange in some places. What does it mean? 
I show photos also. 

And thank you for all help, means a lot. Thanks to this firm I’ve made both mental and active progress in just a few days!!

2C00785F-6AD7-4B7B-9E10-B9EAB1B67A71.jpeg

CF83AA59-D086-4988-B049-02DC1E78B42D.jpeg

6D6F1B56-E12C-43A3-9D09-39E615B5C11F.jpeg

2FC96950-438E-4F60-82F8-D8361D6A1A3A.jpeg

U dnt have a bald patch as u have diffused pattern hairloss....good that u r on medication and u cn even try prp sessions as they work well in diffused cases..those grafts which have been miniaturised will get boosted and ur medication will help them to remain fuller and thicker ...

Bdw u looking cool in ths look and as u said ur hairline is still strong enough which adds to this look and evn u dnt have a bald patch so this style is perfect...if i would be you thn i woud wait for atleast one year of medication and prp sessions cause this look suits u and a change for an year or two wud b exciting...

In fact u will find ths so relieving as u dnt need to set hair and see to it hw u looking and even whn u dive into the pool u won't hesitate ...i tried this thng for an year and i was so relieved ..bt unfortunately i have bald spots and nt such a strong hairline otherwise i wud have never opted for a transplant ....

So who knws u may evn dnt opt for a transplant if u wud love ths new look and gets on with ths well ..

Edited by Archan

--> My Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 7:29 PM, Haloeffect said:

And what would most likely happen if I do a cheap hair transplant in Turkey? Would it be better or even worse? 

Can I really regrow from medication? After how long time if it works? 

the strange thing about my hair loss is 1. No one in my family have male pattern baldness, I’m the only one.. I guess bad luck. 
2. It have not not getting noticeably worse after 12 years ago. As far as I remember, most of the hair loss was 12 years ago in a few months (over a summer if I remember correctly). Since then very slow progress (if at all?). 

diffuse hairloss dont progress to full baldness