Help me make my decision on surgeon!

Hello lads. 
after quite a while of deliberating, I’ve decided I’m going to book myself a hair transplant! For reason I’d rather not go into, I’ve chosen to stay in the UK. I know, I know, better can be had abroad!! 

I’ve narrowed it down to three doctors

Edward Ball, Ted Miln And Mani Mittal. They’ve all estimated I need between 1500- 2200 grafts. Ted Miln is the cheapest, followed by Mani Mittal. Ted seems to be the least well known but really does care about his craft and results look good to me. I’d love to hear your opinions and advice. 

links to profiles are below… 

Miln -  

Mittal- 
Ball-

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
External links removed

25 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Judging by their Instagrams, they're all capable of producing naturalness.

The only one I have detail on is Dr Ball. He's established, experienced and quality. But expensive.

Miln seems very good value for money. How expensive is he per graft?

Ted Miln has told me it would be £5600…. 
may have been £5800 actually..! Can’t remember. Does that sound reasonable to you? 

38 minutes ago, Otis james said:

Ted Miln has told me it would be £5600…. 
may have been £5800 actually..! Can’t remember. Does that sound reasonable to you? 

I don't know because you haven't said how many grafts he recommended, only that it's between 1500-2200

Does he not charge per graft? 

Edited by Rafael Manelli

2 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I don't know because you haven't said how many grafts he recommended, only that it's between 1500-2200

Does he not charge per graft? 

I should have asked! Looking at his website, and Mittal’s, they seem to be charging per area. Hairline, frontal third etc…

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed

That's a bit unusual. 

If it were me, I'd ask for a graft estimate and a price per graft, or a price estimate, and then just figure out the price per graft using math.

Anyway, of the three docs you listed I'd put the most trust in Ball as I have more evidence of him. 

• Like 1

@Otis james,

I am a little unclear as to what you need help with at this point. It sounds like you are limiting yourself to surgeons in the UK for reasons that you obviously would rather not discuss which is fine. That being said, my best advice would be… Once you’ve narrowed it down to three surgeons like you have, look online and research each surgeon thoroughly - hopefully each surgeon you are considering has a multitude of examples showing results  posted by patients and the clinic.   For starters, you should select the surgeon your most impressed with but you should also consult with each of the surgeons to make sure that the one you select is in line with your goals and you feel confident in their ability.

Now personally I am not familiar with either of the three surgeons you’ve mentioned. I know there are some surgeons recommended by this community in the UK so in my opinion, I would strongly consider looking at them as well. Dr. Farjo comes to mind - admittedly I haven’t seen anything from him for a while but I know that he was producing pretty good looking results several years ago and was highly recommended here at the time. I haven’t looked at the list recently so I don’t know if he’s still on the list but I’m just throwing a name out there that I know from the UK since you were limiting yourself to theater region.

All that to say, just be careful as surgical hair restoration is a lifelong commitment and investment. I don’t know your reasons for staying in the UK but just make sure that whatever your reasons are that they are exceptionally important because at the end of the day, you really only have one really good shot to get your hair transplant done right.

Yes of course hair transplant repair procedures exist but just know that donor hair is limited and it’s a lot harder to repair a procedure that has been done wrong than it is to have it done right the first time. It is also much more cost-effective to get it done right the first time.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Valued Contributor
On 2/3/2023 at 5:43 PM, Rafael Manelli said:

Judging by their Instagrams, they're all capable of producing naturalness.

The only one I have detail on is Dr Ball. He's established, experienced and quality. But expensive.

Miln seems very good value for money. How expensive is he per graft?

Dr mital is producing gud results ths days ....so he is a gud option ...i have seen website and social media platforms of dr ted miln ...he has put in many pics which shown great result bt i dnt why anyone frm this community doesnt have any experience with him till date..so thts the reason am bein cautious abt him.bt if u find real patients reviews of him thn he is worth considering as well...

U just wanna explore options in uk? Or r u open to doctors frm other country as well?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 11:59 AM, Otis james said:

Hello lads. 
after quite a while of deliberating, I’ve decided I’m going to book myself a hair transplant! For reason I’d rather not go into, I’ve chosen to stay in the UK. I know, I know, better can be had abroad!! 

I’ve narrowed it down to three doctors

Edward Ball, Ted Miln And Mani Mittal. They’ve all estimated I need between 1500- 2200 grafts. Ted Miln is the cheapest, followed by Mani Mittal. Ted seems to be the least well known but really does care about his craft and results look good to me. I’d love to hear your opinions and advice. 

links to profiles are below… 

Miln -  

Mittal- 
Ball-

All 3 are good options. Depends whose style you like the most and budget wise. From what you’ve posted Miln is cheapest, mittal in the middle and ball highest. But don’t go based off price speak to all 3 and then calm down and digest the information given. Make sure you get some good face time with the doc. And ask what is truely achievable with your situation. Do you have any pictures posted? 

On 2/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Otis james,

I am a little unclear as to what you need help with at this point. It sounds like you are limiting yourself to surgeons in the UK for reasons that you obviously would rather not discuss which is fine. That being said, my best advice would be… Once you’ve narrowed it down to three surgeons like you have, look online and research each surgeon thoroughly - hopefully each surgeon you are considering has a multitude of examples showing results  posted by patients and the clinic.   For starters, you should select the surgeon your most impressed with but you should also consult with each of the surgeons to make sure that the one you select is in line with your goals and you feel confident in their ability.

Now personally I am not familiar with either of the three surgeons you’ve mentioned. I know there are some surgeons recommended by this community in the UK so in my opinion, I would strongly consider looking at them as well. Dr. Farjo comes to mind - admittedly I haven’t seen anything from him for a while but I know that he was producing pretty good looking results several years ago and was highly recommended here at the time. I haven’t looked at the list recently so I don’t know if he’s still on the list but I’m just throwing a name out there that I know from the UK since you were limiting yourself to theater region.

All that to say, just be careful as surgical hair restoration is a lifelong commitment and investment. I don’t know your reasons for staying in the UK but just make sure that whatever your reasons are that they are exceptionally important because at the end of the day, you really only have one really good shot to get your hair transplant done right.

Yes of course hair transplant repair procedures exist but just know that donor hair is limited and it’s a lot harder to repair a procedure that has been done wrong than it is to have it done right the first time. It is also much more cost-effective to get it done right the first time.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Agreed get it right first time!

7 hours ago, Nelly said:

All 3 are good options. Depends whose style you like the most and budget wise. From what you’ve posted Miln is cheapest, mittal in the middle and ball highest. But don’t go based off price speak to all 3 and then calm down and digest the information given. Make sure you get some good face time with the doc. And ask what is truely achievable with your situation. Do you have any pictures posted? 

I’ve gone around the houses a bit, to be honest! I’ve recently spoken with advisers of Bruno Pinto and Kaan Pekiner. I’m waiting to hear back with proposals but I think I’m going to go with one of those two now! I’ve decided to suck it up and go abroad. 

I don’t have drastic loss, but after 4 years of stabilising with finasteride, I’d like to make things better 

5B159899-A731-46B6-9994-66D7033FC471.jpeg

E7E7538F-9B94-4819-B04D-226CF5425617.jpeg

After much deliberation, I’ve finally booked in with Bruno Pinto! I’ve had to book a date in feb next year, but he’s confident a date will come up after the summer. 

I realise many of you say I don’t need a transplant, but I’m unhappy with my hairline and have been for a while now, so I’m getting it sorted! He’s quoted me 1800 grafts but wouldn’t be surprised if I need more…

looking forward to it. 
Thank you all for your advice, on this thread and others! 

44 minutes ago, Otis james said:

After much deliberation, I’ve finally booked in with Bruno Pinto! I’ve had to book a date in feb next year, but he’s confident a date will come up after the summer. 

I realise many of you say I don’t need a transplant, but I’m unhappy with my hairline and have been for a while now, so I’m getting it sorted! He’s quoted me 1800 grafts but wouldn’t be surprised if I need more…

looking forward to it. 
Thank you all for your advice, on this thread and others! 

How did you get a consult with pinto?  Thought they were full?

20 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

How did you get a consult with pinto?  Thought they were full?

I just messaged his coordinator, Emilio…. Sent a load of pics and videos. He then put it all to the doc, and they sent me a package with what he plans to do…. Pretty straight forward really. 
most dates are full but says they get cancellations… to be fair, my case is pretty straight forward and not too many grafts.. I’m really not sure how he chooses his cases…. 

1 hour ago, Otis james said:

I just messaged his coordinator, Emilio…. Sent a load of pics and videos. He then put it all to the doc, and they sent me a package with what he plans to do…. Pretty straight forward really. 
most dates are full but says they get cancellations… to be fair, my case is pretty straight forward and not too many grafts.. I’m really not sure how he chooses his cases…. 

Through WhatsApp or email?

On 2/27/2023 at 7:15 AM, Otis james said:

I’ve gone around the houses a bit, to be honest! I’ve recently spoken with advisers of Bruno Pinto and Kaan Pekiner. I’m waiting to hear back with proposals but I think I’m going to go with one of those two now! I’ve decided to suck it up and go abroad. 

I don’t have drastic loss, but after 4 years of stabilising with finasteride, I’d like to make things better 

5B159899-A731-46B6-9994-66D7033FC471.jpeg

E7E7538F-9B94-4819-B04D-226CF5425617.jpeg

Good luck mate, as long as you have realistic expectations I’m sure a good doc will get you some amazing results here. Dense packing required

Morning all. I will open a new thread to document my progress, once the surgery is done, but I have booked in with Bruno Pinto. 

I will ultimately leave the hairline design to him, but I am wondering what opinions you have about design…

should I lower the hairline? My forehead does feel massive when I tie my hair back! One side is worse than the other.. maybe he will just leave it where it is but add density…🤷🏻‍♂️
some more pics for your reference. Some are in very harsh light! 
Cheers all

DE057AB6-75CF-4462-BEDB-184FEC1004F6.jpeg

22DDE12D-3AD4-4869-A194-D952C0E83936.jpeg

F61D2E25-4850-49A8-8E23-1716A810E32E.jpeg

Edited by Otis james