2 days post op - Dr Turan, FueCapilar

londonla

Hi all

Currently 2 days post op. Second hair transplant with FueCapilar, went with Dr Turan this time as opposed to Dr Gur first time round.

No big reason - I wanted the hairline sorted this time and I’ve liked his work a bit better than Dr Gurs. Anyway, I’ve attached pre and post op pics below.

In total went for 2970 grafts - don’t have the post surgery report yet so can’t remember the exact numbers, but hairline was all singles (I think around 1300 were for the hairline), majority of the rest of the grafts extracted were triples and those were mostly in the crown with a few in the mid scalp area (1400 crown and remaining mid scalp). 

Questions:

1. Does it look like 2970 grafts in total? The hairline is really nicely done imo and should have very nice density. Also got to rebuild the temples which I’m super happy about but a bit more concerned about the crown area, don’t think theres been enough placed to cover it in total.

2. The doctor said a reason for not placing as many in the crown was I’ve been on Fin only a year so more of the crown hairs should stop miniaturising and come back over the next few months and the grafts he’s added in should add density. Does this sound right?

3. In their assessment they reckoned I had 15,000 grafts possible in the donor area. Assuming the hairline comes out fine and crown improves but isn’t completely amazing, how many more of those can I risk before it becomes too depleted?

Anyway I’m only 2 days post op so not too worried for now, will post updates over the next few months. 

2A7E1B61-C5E2-4C10-9886-D2B508273282.jpeg

2C4D421F-B405-4482-AEDE-2D2910477FF7.jpeg

13A6F682-0596-42B3-94D1-31F5603E612B.jpeg

AFE375CE-F9D0-457A-8C39-138843F5C92E.jpeg

• Administrators

Certainly looks to be close to 3,000 grafts, considering you’ve had grafts also put in the crown. Have you asked the clinic for a graft break down?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Yeh it looks around 3000 ofcourse and u can take the breakdown of grafts from the clinic..

Yeh medication will improve your crown...ask your doctor abt oral minoxidil as well..and u cn also consider prp therapy for that...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Certainly looks to be close to 3,000 grafts, considering you’ve had grafts also put in the crown. Have you asked the clinic for a graft break down?

yes they said that will be in the surgical Report which they send out a few weeks after surgery.

7 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh it looks around 3000 ofcourse and u can take the breakdown of grafts from the clinic..

Yeh medication will improve your crown...ask your doctor abt oral minoxidil as well..and u cn also consider prp therapy for that...

Did ask about it but he said it’s not available in turkey so I’d have to sort it out when I get home.

Is it something you’ve tried? I’ve seen it’s way more effective but a bit scared about the side effects (heart rate stuff) and much higher dosage.

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, londonla said:

Did ask about it but he said it’s not available in turkey so I’d have to sort it out when I get home.

Is it something you’ve tried? I’ve seen it’s way more effective but a bit scared about the side effects (heart rate stuff) and much higher dosage.

Yeh am having 5 mg oral minoxidil and 1 mg finasteride since long widout any side effects ....bt its nt tht one thng suits all...so u cn consult a doctor and u cn start with 2.5mg minoxidil per day and see hw it goes...and if u find tht it doesnt suit u..u cn stop..2.5mg isnt a high dose tht it wud make such a  flactuation of heart rate and wud be a risk...and still u cn take a medical consultation ...😊

--> My Thread

5 hours ago, Archan said:

Yeh am having 5 mg oral minoxidil and 1 mg finasteride since long widout any side effects ....bt its nt tht one thng suits all...so u cn consult a doctor and u cn start with 2.5mg minoxidil per day and see hw it goes...and if u find tht it doesnt suit u..u cn stop..2.5mg isnt a high dose tht it wud make such a  flactuation of heart rate and wud be a risk...and still u cn take a medical consultation ...😊

Have you found your hair growth is much better with oral rather than topical? 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, londonla said:

Have you found your hair growth is much better with oral rather than topical? 

Yeh ofcourse ...and evn it may be a case that applying topical everyday is a tough job and we cant be that particular at that and tend to skip once or twice a week ...and even making it penetrate on evry part of scalp in equal proportion wont be practically possible..where as oral minoxidil is an easier option and thrz rare chance of skipping it and moreover it is absorbed by the body systematically and thts why giving better results thn topical one. ..bt still u can consult ur surgeon and take his advice ....

I have edited ths post to show u my results...see i got tht results and its tough to apply topical one properly over there..

Picsart_23-01-11_16-12-47-888.jpg

Picsart_23-01-11_16-14-49-786.jpg

Edited by Archan

--> My Thread