hair repair in 4 weeks with Dr. Pekiner. Any tipps?

Finally i pull the trigger and in 4 weeks i am having my retouch operation with Dr. Pekiner. My first transplant was with Dr. Cinik  clinic and i regret i didnt choose already at that time him, since i was considering, but i was trying not to spend too much money, like always. Love Dr. Pekiners work, so i absolutely trust he will do a good job with this repair/retouch. What would be your suggestions and tips, what suggestions should i give for my hairline if he asks? I want it to look more dense offcourse on the sides so i can style my hair better and maybe try to ask if its possible to take some of the grafts that i marked on the last picture and place them somewhere more back in the hairline (i am pulling them out regulary, so it looks less low then it actually is). You can still see on the third  pic on left side what i mean.

Dr Pekiner said 1400-1600 grafts will be used. My hair loss seams to have stopped in the last 2 years since i take around 0,65mg finasterid daily (i am 37). I am pretty sure this is my last hair transplant, so i will say he can make it dense as much as he can. First OP 2600 grafts was taken. Still not decided if go for shaven or unshaved operation. Will keep you updated.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Edited by vanilia

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

You describe this as a repair procedure but dont mention what went wrong with your last procedure. What makes this a repair as opposed to a normal run-of-the-mill 2nd pass?

You can see on pictures what went wrong, especially on the right side. Poor growth.

3 hours ago, vanilia said:

What its called then? Retouch? Refill?

2nd pass, touch up, etc. 

A repair implies something really went wrong, like the grafts are misangled, the hairline is too low, there is scarring, etc. If all that is unsatisfactory is the density is sub-optimal, while that is unfortunate it does not mean your HT was botched or needing a 'repair'

The vast majority of patients require multiple HT's to be satisfied, so I wouldn't inherently call a 2nd procedure a repair because that implies that a 'one-and-done' procedure was expected, but again that is rare to happen. 

At the end of the day its all semantics really, but in general when someone deems their surgery a "repair" it is because something clearly and obviously went wrong from their previous surgery. 

On 1/29/2023 at 10:13 PM, Hairagainn said:

My tip would be to save your money and grafts bro, you have such thick hair. Maybe you could stop finasteride and use those grafts in future when hairloss happens.

Why would i stop finasteride if i dont have side effects? As i said i am 37 already soon. I think my hairloss stopped now, since i started to loose hair at 24 and it stopped 2 years ago with fin.

Dont you think for this second operation is even less then 1400-1600 grafts neccessary?

• Valued Contributor

@vanilia your case is ofcourse not a repair one..as all said..its just that you need 2nd procedure for the satisfactory appearance ...u r correct that why shud u stop medication if it doesnt cause any adverse effects to u...keep on medication and i wud suggest even an oral minoxidil after consulting a surgeon ..and evn prp therapy ...you cn try to avoid surgery but if the appearance really concerns you thn go for it..and yeh from your pics i guess around 1000-1200 would be fine considering your thickness of hair which is reflecting in ur pics...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 6 months later...