Extreme hair loss solutions: Option 3

I have been thinking about extreme solutions to deal with advanced hairloss.

I am a NW3-4, 25 yrs old, so there is a high chance I will become a 6 or 7 I believe. There are many in my shoes who would love to have a full illusion of hair regardless of how far they bald. A hair transplant alone will likely not achieve this in advanced hair loss sufferers given that donor hair is limited and often thins as we age.

Here is my last extreme hair loss idea:

Transplant all available grafts, uniformly as I mentioned in option 1. Except this time you get tattoo dots to fill in the gaps ??“scar and shave your head down to a zero buzz.

Would this work?

• Moderators

I prefer something similar to this option 3, but I don't think I would buzz. Just keep it short. I'd love to be able to cut my hair short.

But you need to leave 1000 to 2000 available donor grafts for future use as your balding area widens and goes further down the back.

I am NOT a fan of doing the frontal 1/3 or 2/3 and leaving a large bald area on the top and back. I want full coverage. The bald spot in the back is always what bothered me most. Leaving that area bald is a complete waste of getting a HT for me.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to think that too. My bald spot on my crown bothered me the most. But my doc recommended doing the front first to frame my face and I gotta say, after seeing thre results, I'm extremely happy I listened to him. It's made a monumental difference. Having said that, I do plan on working on that damn crown next.