Is this Post-op density decent?

Tdoliver24

The other day I posted a question about my hair transplant density and whether it would thicken. I posted a picture that was 6-7 days after and i had already shed scabs....a lot of members said that my procedure wasn't dense enough. 

Here is a pic I found the day of surgery, when I got home. How does it look in yalls opinion?

I contacted 3 different FUE Dr's, and sent them pictures of right after surgery and my results at 6 months...EVERY one of them told me that I'm not finished filling in and that based off my post op picture, I should be getting better density within a couple of months...

The feedback I got on here really bothered me until I spoke with other Drs., as well as, the Dr who performed my surgery. He assured me that if an area doesn't fill in, he would fix it at no cost to me....but assured me of better growth....again I am just a handful of days away from 6 months post op. Here are my results so far. I'm personally disappointed based off others I've seen, but feel better hearing that it will get better and better over then next few months.....Do you guys think they're just trying to ease my worries, or it will really get better? 20230117_143956.thumb.jpg.dc320af2cfe528a3039124c81346c658.jpgScreenshot_20230117_210741_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8b392c3d9c377d7654941b29a3da93f5.jpg

Density is exactly the same everywhere, for me this is usually a bad sign, as you want higher density of 1s hairs in the hairline for natural results

As for general density, it doesnt look bad overall

One good advice I can give you is NEVER trust the same doctor that did your proccedure for giving you assesment if its good or not. You have endless examples of doctors not standing up to their mistakes. Not even top world ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, so first picture is after 6 month? Well, thats exactly the result I was expecting after seeing the incisions. You still have some growth to go though. Be patient.

In any case, having less graft than necessary only discomfort of needing another proccedure, but its not a "waste" so to say. You needed those grafts regardless. Dont get sad about it and choose a better dr next time 

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Thanks 1

I would wait until 18 months before calling it a success or failure. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Administrators

It's impossible to tell with post-op pictures. Watch this video 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.