Advice on topical finasteride

I know that oral finasteride has side effects related to libido and others. Does topical finasteride have the same side effects?

Secondly, how does the side effect compares to the oral Fin ?

31 minutes ago, z4ydi said:

I know that oral finasteride has side effects related to libido and others. Does topical finasteride have the same side effects?

Secondly, how does the side effect compares to the oral Fin ?

It's the same drug so yes, he same side effects can occur. Secondly, no two topical formulas are the same. there are different concentrations (e.g. 0.1%, 0.25%) and different vehicles, e.g. trichosol, hydroalcoholic, and liposomal. All can affect the absorption and then of course it will vary from patient to patient. Some are more sensitive than others.

9 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

It's the same drug so yes, he same side effects can occur. Secondly, no two topical formulas are the same. there are different concentrations (e.g. 0.1%, 0.25%) and different vehicles, e.g. trichosol, hydroalcoholic, and liposomal. All can affect the absorption and then of course it will vary from patient to patient. Some are more sensitive than others.

Many thanks for your reply. I had some side effects with the oral ones and I stopped. I now want to try the topical one at a very low dosage and one with vehicle that has least obsorbtion into blood if there is such thing. Which formula or concentration would be the best option for me? I am thinking of going for this one (Topical 0.3% Finasteride & 6% Minoxidil Solution). I am not sure how low/high is this in finastiride. Can someone advice please. 

2 minutes ago, z4ydi said:

Many thanks for your reply. I had some side effects with the oral ones and I stopped. I now want to try the topical one at a very low dosage and one with vehicle that has least obsorbtion into blood if there is such thing. Which formula or concentration would be the best option for me? I am thinking of going for this one (Topical 0.3% Finasteride & 6% Minoxidil Solution). I am not sure how low/high is this in finastiride. Can someone advice please. 

If you're based in Canada or US go for the formulation from Xyon Health, otherwise you'd want a liposomal version. All the liquid based ones result in high systemic exposure

2 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

If you're based in Canada or US go for the formulation from Xyon Health, otherwise you'd want a liposomal version. All the liquid based ones result in high systemic exposure

I am based in the UK - I don't think Xyon delivers here. why is the Liposomal version better? and what concentration of Fin should I go for considering I already showed side effects to the oral fin?

Just now, z4ydi said:

I am based in the UK - I don't think Xyon delivers here. why is the Liposomal version better? and what concentration of Fin should I go for considering I already showed side effects to the oral fin?

Right, Xyon are still working on expanding to international for now. How bad were your sides on oral finasteride? Did you try reducing the dosage?

If they were fairly minor there's a chance you might do fine on a standard formulation

Just now, BurnieBurns said:

Right, Xyon are still working on expanding to international for now. How bad were your sides on oral finasteride? Did you try reducing the dosage?

If they were fairly minor there's a chance you might do fine on a standard formulation

my sides were not good I would say very bad - though I took 1mg for 3+ years and it was very strange the the sides started after 3 years. When I stopped, after 1 months I was the normal me. I did not reduce it just stopped it. Would topical be a better option ?

What

6 minutes ago, z4ydi said:

my sides were not good I would say very bad - though I took 1mg for 3+ years and it was very strange the the sides started after 3 years. When I stopped, after 1 months I was the normal me. I did not reduce it just stopped it. Would topical be a better option ?

There is actually a population of people who get late onset of side effects but it can be resolved with a 'wash out' period. e.g. not taking it for one month a year to let it all get out of your system before resuming. It might be worth checking the list of recommended surgeons here and consulting with one nearest you on the best approach

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

What

There is actually a population of people who get late onset of side effects but it can be resolved with a 'wash out' period. e.g. not taking it for one month a year to let it all get out of your system before resuming. It might be worth checking the list of recommended surgeons here and consulting with one nearest you on the best approach

Is there such thing to get it out of your system and then restarting? Are there those on this forum who have done this to see what their experience was? If you know please direct me to those posts please. want to see what their experience is before starting the topical one

@z4ydi,

Because topical finasteride is the same drug is oral finasteride, there is still a potential for sexual and other side effects. That being said, I believe the tenancy to experience side effects would be reduced because unlike oral finasteride, it takes more of the medication to get into your bloodstream and actually cause those type of affects.  I would be interested to hear from individuals who take topical finasteride to learn about their experience.

topical finasteride is probably a good alternative to individuals who experience side effects from oral finasteride.  But keep in mind that topical finasteride is also likely less effective than oral Finasteride.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hello I taken 0.01% 1ml/day with trichosol and got sides 5 months later (penile hurt like balanitis). I would like to test Xyon but they do not deliver in Europe.

Good luck... 

• Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

9 hours ago, z4ydi said:

Is there such thing to get it out of your system and then restarting? Are there those on this forum who have done this to see what their experience was? If you know please direct me to those posts please. want to see what their experience is before starting the topical one

They mention it in this video: 

• Like 2

@BurnieBurns  thanks for sharing the video, it is quite useful. I am so confused whether to start with the topical Fin or go for a reduced 3 days a week oral does. I am in the UK does anyone know where to get the tablets or the topical Parati formula?

Topical fina from parati is a liposomal gel specifically designed by university of Milan to reduced systemic effect. You can email them the prescription of you doctor and they can make 30ml with 4x press for 1ml or 100ml with 2x press for 1ml at the concentration you want.

Edited by arthurSam

ASCE+ HRLV

17 hours ago, arthurSam said:

Topical fina from parati is a liposomal gel specifically designed by university of Milan to reduced systemic effect. You can email them the prescription of you doctor and they can make 30ml with 4x press for 1ml or 100ml with 2x press for 1ml at the concentration you want.

I am in the UK, can someone guide me how I can get this in the UK ?

I am from France an parati deliver to France perhaps they can deliver to UK too 

ASCE+ HRLV