Almost at 6 months...please tell me this will fill in!

Tdoliver24

Hey guys!

I'm new here, and I'm really glad I found this platform for information and talking to others who have more knowledge about this than myself lol..

Anyways, on July 27th 2022, I had an FUE procedure to restore my hairline (1356 grafts total). I have EXTREMELY dense hair and the nurses extracting my donor hair thought it was cool that I had so many grafts will 4 and 5 hairs in one....

With that being said, I'm 11 days away from the 6 month mark and i really expected it to look more filled in than it does now....will this fill in so I don't see so much scalp??? And when will the new hairs darken and lose the scraggly texture?? 

16738486826782882947939256478799.jpg

16738487673097377482112887673592.jpg

16738488032122889776131367924282.jpg

20220727_154158.jpg

20220729_213433.jpg

who was the surgeon? looks like he is in one your pics but I don't recognize him. 

I don't think you will be satisfied with the end-result density. Looking at the picture where the grafts are still visible, it looks from the get go the density of the grafts implanted was not high. 

Sub-optimal density implantation + potentially low yield gives you a straightforward explanation why this occurred. 

16 minutes ago, Tdoliver24 said:

Fml.....Jernigans hair replacement clinic in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Grant Koher....would SMP be an option to improve the look?

a better option is to get a 2nd pass from a quality surgeon. While it is true your 1st HT density  is than average, still almost everyone needs a 2nd pass. Your story is not really uncommon, and unless you have donor issues its way too early to throw in the towel and settle for SMP

I'm also no expert in SMP but I don't think SMP should really be used on the hairline. Only the crown and miscalp. Not really sure though

15 minutes ago, Tdoliver24 said:

I messaged them about it last week and they tried to assure me it's going to thicken and not look so bare. GD liars!

Many clinics will gaslight you until go away. Just move on and don't let this clinic occupy space in your mind anymore (as hard as that may be to do)

Edited by HappyMan2021

30 minutes ago, Tdoliver24 said:

Fml.....Jernigans hair replacement clinic in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Grant Koher....would SMP be an option to improve the look?

I don't think SMP would be a good alternative in your case. You should go for a second procedure with a good doctor. If you were considering SMP, I'm assuming you're looking for cheaper alternatives? There's good FUE doctors that are quite affordable like Dr. Nader and Dr. Laorwong. I'd start doing some research and setting up consultations.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, Tdoliver24 said:

Hey guys I was looking at picture dates and the original post op pic I post was actually like 13 days after and I guess some scabs already fell off...does this pic like 5 days post op look more promising?? Screenshot_20230117_142014_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c00e8baf165eed847b13888d4d67d4d0.jpg

Any update on this buddy? It's been a year now. Hope the density improved.