Why Can't Other Persons Donate?

Yes, your body would reject the FU's. There have been several threads with better responses than mine, but that's the simple answer.

You might try the "Find" feature above to see some past threads.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

CuriousJungleGeorge,

You body will recognize the grafts from another person as another biological entity that has a different genetic sequencing from your own, and your body will act it.

It is tantamount to your body attacking the common cold virus.

This will result in the grafts from another person being rejected by your body.

take care...

You might try the "Find" feature above to see some past threads.

exactly!

i've seen this question being asked 1000 times.

so that's why i took liberty (Bill style) to add something new to my signature. i hope it's not too much icon_smile.gif

CuriousJungleGeorge, I did hear a doctor explaining that you still can get transplanted hairs from another person using rejection medicines, but that the risk of dying outweighs the benefits of the HT itself.

mmhce,

thanks icon_razz.gif

its752,

i think you should be resorting to rejection medicine only when you need it big time, like to save your life. a new kidney, new liver, heart, lung and such comes to mind, not few thou of hair grafts.

The procedure of transplanting another person's hair is highly unethical and probably illegal, due to huge risks for little rewards. It is not recommended by modern medecine.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

actually it will be closer than you think. Docs and dentists use acellualr dermis all the time for large tissue and gum grafts. demeralized bone is used as well for orthopedic procedures.

As mentioned, you cannot ake a vital hair follice, filled with bllod, tissue antigens, etc and transplant it, it willl reject, unless you take the immuno supressmeds.. which will make you gain 100 pounds anyway.. so what's the point.

but for those interested, do a little research on "PRP". this is plasma rich proteins. essentially, you give your own blood, they centrifuge it, extract the plasma, which is rich with your own growth factors.... now you could mix this with a radiated, or acellualr dermal layer (follicle, or whole scalp for that matter)..(essentially the foriegn donor tissue is "washed" of all it's anitgens) and it "could" be transplanted.

I am not saying this is a fact.. but i would see it as a viable option in the future.

i would suspect the cloning would be more at the forefront .. it all depends on how much $$ is to be made, on who does the researxh.. and for fda approval.

obviously the fda will be more favorable (as well of medical grant foundations, etc) for dermis studies for burn pt's etc, over dudes who want better hair... but possible???

anyway.. think of the potential skullduggery.. we would be back to the early med school days of paying the grave robbers for fresh bodies.

ever see that bum on the corner with a great head of hair, laying in his own fluids? You think to yourself.. what a waste. dude might sell his hair, or whole friggen scalp for the right $$$. the ethical problems are boundless!

btw. the average kidney can be purchased in Egypt for less than $400.00

Dalew:

Great perspective. Obviously it does not work now, but it is always nice for researchers to be open minded about possible options.

BTW, i had PRP (my own) mixed with my grafts before they are implanted. I also had the PRP injected in my recipient site and donor. This was performed by dr. Cooley with the objective of speed up healing and increase yield. So far, i can say that my healing process was very quick. What is left to access is the growth yield, which i will be able to assess at my one year mark.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley