Dr. Shah | 2735 graft FUE | 35yo NW5/6 | 1-3-23

Tater

2 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Going good my friend ....you will start seeing more and more growth from now on...with the number of grafts and your baldness grade i must say your doctor used grafts very efficiently and economically ....will follow your journey closely 

Yeah, that's what lead me to CHI in the first place, was Konior's (and therefore,  Shah and Nadimi's) method of getting more done with less. My biggest fear was that somehow it wouldn't be enough for coverage, and that it would end up looking as it does now at 12 months. Considering we're only at month 5, I'm hopeful for a noticeable change in the coming months.

I feel like I'm seeing more and more high density surgeries this year, so maybe that's where the industry is trending. However, I'm glad we went with a conservative approach, I have a big area to fill and only an average donor.

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Tater said:

Yeah, that's what lead me to CHI in the first place, was Konior's (and therefore,  Shah and Nadimi's) method of getting more done with less. My biggest fear was that somehow it wouldn't be enough for coverage, and that it would end up looking as it does now at 12 months. Considering we're only at month 5, I'm hopeful for a noticeable change in the coming months.

I feel like I'm seeing more and more high density surgeries this year, so maybe that's where the industry is trending. However, I'm glad we went with a conservative approach, I have a big area to fill and only an average donor.

Yeh so true..good to have conservative approach..and what was the charges per graft ? 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, duckling said:

considering the big area size and low grafts count it looks good at 5 months. your hair texture will play a big part in final result (for which you need 7 more months).

any changes in crown with meds?

I think the crown is slowly improving. Not super noticeable visually, but it feels thicker. I can see some thin boys popping up that will hopefully thicken soon.  The odd thing is, it's taking off way more on the right side of my crown, the left side much less of a difference...

• 1 month later...

6 month check in:

20230706_225140.thumb.jpg.bcd6657511ca9961fa9548f2d50ab314.jpg20230704_162229.thumb.jpg.b4623c0a4e8c93d3d5fba7baece98953.jpg

Not noticing a huge change this month, but it definitely looks better in natural light. Here's hoping it gets a bit more density.

Picsart_23-07-06_23-08-26-116.thumb.jpg.deb40c185fbdc72f74e8eaeecb51d87f.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

It’s coming in nicely, should thicken and mature more in the coming months.

CA27D85A-5712-450D-8F0B-3E1B24B8FCAA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

This is seriously impressive for less than 3k grafts. Growth is super high.5D90DE43-A610-4B61-99E5-71F70C6D5B94.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is seriously impressive for less than 3k grafts. Growth is super high.5D90DE43-A610-4B61-99E5-71F70C6D5B94.jpeg

It is very impressive! large area to cover. I can’t tell but patient looks like he has finer hair texture as well. 

I think it is looking really good, congratulations. It will keep getting better and better.

How did the beard heal? Any complications with BHT? Can you tell the difference between beard hair and scalp hair?

I am going in next week for my 5th HT, 3 punch methods performed in late 1980s and a FUT in late 1990s.  Doctor expects 1,000 from scalp and 2,500 from beard.  

Wishing you the best!

2 hours ago, sftraderHT said:

I think it is looking really good, congratulations. It will keep getting better and better.

How did the beard heal? Any complications with BHT? Can you tell the difference between beard hair and scalp hair?

I am going in next week for my 5th HT, 3 punch methods performed in late 1980s and a FUT in late 1990s.  Doctor expects 1,000 from scalp and 2,500 from beard.  

Wishing you the best!

Thanks, I'm very happy.

I didn't have a ton taken from the beard, but you cannot tell at all. I can definitely pick a few of them out on my head, but I think that's because a large number of them didn't shed initially, and have grown longer and thicker than the hairs around them have had a chance to; a haircut to uniform length would probably fix that. 

Here's a picture from last month, where i felt I could see a lot of them in my mid-scalp:

20230710_215454.thumb.jpg.1b41ec4fa848ef779226d888aac63ac7.jpg

I was worried that the hairs might be too kinky to mix in well, but when I actually put something in my hair and comb it, everything lays together.

I wonder if beard hairs tend to not shed at a higher rate, if so, your surgery may yield better results early on. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I missed last month, been crazy.

Here's the month 9 results:

20231004_204356.thumb.jpg.7d34ccdc7f9829b50e7c4f11b4d4a5e1.jpg

for a candid comparison,  here's me at a wedding in 2022:

Screenshot_20231006_182630_Instagram2.thumb.jpg.8e78426abb29a3cd9f02e7008e7ac46f.jpg

Vs a wedding at the beginning of September 2023:

20230901_1749202.thumb.jpg.6f093f044850ca4f91cca0c3238e18f3.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Really impressive for less than 3k grafts. The difference is really impressive 

63BAA681-7648-464C-9691-D8A43E683BB2.jpeg

View my thread

• 3 months later...

Made it to 1 year!

20240107_213805.thumb.jpg.6995bc976ee3adc064440075f404590d.jpg

^^ hair is still a bit damp post shower here

Super happy with the results I think one more procedure on the crown and I'll be right where I want to be.

20231231_2118142.thumb.jpg.f4562d2d02f1217c3f3c7aa17799c79d.jpg

Even have to deal with Burton-esque bedhead again:

20231230_1114442.thumb.jpg.d5c0ba1286b28f293acb53728639323e.jpg

Can't thank Dr. Shah enough for his excellent work. My wife constantly says she can't get over how good it looks and how, "Now you're not bald, you just have a bald spot" lol.

• Like 1

• Administrators

It looks excellent 👏🏼

View my thread