Help Narrowing Down US Surgeons

Hello,

First post after lurking here for a little while.  I am posting because after browsing here for a few months and looking at several doctors websites and results I am still having troubling narrowing down to which surgeon I would ultimately like to schedule with. 

I have narrowed it down just a bit to deciding I want to stay in the US (for easier follow ups and in case something goes wrong).  However it still looks like there are a ton of great options in the US and I am having trouble finding who is best for me. Location does not help narrow it down since there are no recommended docs in my area and will have to fly to any location. I am also trying to not narrow down based on price because after reading advice here I believe this shouldn’t be a deciding factor for surgery.

I have looked at Dr Konior, Dr Nadimi, Dr Vories, Dr Cooley, Dr Dorin, Dr Wong, Dr Gabel, and they all seem great and there are still plenty more US recommendations as well. Any advice on narrowing it down further?

My background I am 31, a Norwood 3A, have been on fin for 4ish years looking to restore my hairline in the front with FUE and wear my hair short.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Do video consultations with each of them. Ask to speak to past patients, then narrow down by your goals and objectives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Jack28 said:

Hello,

First post after lurking here for a little while.  I am posting because after browsing here for a few months and looking at several doctors websites and results I am still having troubling narrowing down to which surgeon I would ultimately like to schedule with. 

I have narrowed it down just a bit to deciding I want to stay in the US (for easier follow ups and in case something goes wrong).  However it still looks like there are a ton of great options in the US and I am having trouble finding who is best for me. Location does not help narrow it down since there are no recommended docs in my area and will have to fly to any location. I am also trying to not narrow down based on price because after reading advice here I believe this shouldn’t be a deciding factor for surgery.

I have looked at Dr Konior, Dr Nadimi, Dr Vories, Dr Cooley, Dr Dorin, Dr Wong, Dr Gabel, and they all seem great and there are still plenty more US recommendations as well. Any advice on narrowing it down further?

My background I am 31, a Norwood 3A, have been on fin for 4ish years looking to restore my hairline in the front with FUE and wear my hair short.

Thank you. 

Out of that list I would choose Konior, Gabel, Dorin, in no particular order. 

If money isn't a concern, Konior no question. The rest are fantastic as well - Nadimi uses the same team as Konior and produces great results. Gabel and Wong are brilliant as well.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do video consultations with each of them. Ask to speak to past patients, then narrow down by your goals and objectives.

Hey Melvin,

Trying to message other users on here to ask them how they picked surgeons and about their experiences, but I don’t have the ability to DM on this account yet haha. Is there another way you would recommend to reach out to past patients?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 9:08 AM, Jack28 said:

Hey Melvin,

Trying to message other users on here to ask them how they picked surgeons and about their experiences, but I don’t have the ability to DM on this account yet haha. Is there another way you would recommend to reach out to past patients?

Thanks

Have this same question as I am currently looking to narrow down a list of docs as well