Keep Waiting or go for it?

Im almost 31 years old. I have attached what my hair looks like normally when Im out and about. I also posted pictures what hair looks like when I pull it up. Ive been considering a HT for quite a while now but I just dont want to do it too early if you know what I mean? I talked to a few doctors and they recommended 1200-1500 grafts to spruce up the hair line. Im not looking for my teeager years hair. I just want something conservative and realistic given my situation. Right now IMO im still doing good but I have this insecurity in the back of my head that makes me want to get it done. What holds me back is if it recedes further in the coming years, then what? I can get anohter one of course but wouldnt it be wiser to wait and see where the patttern goes? I thought I can hold the line untill 35 and then do one. What do you guys think? Give me your brutally honest opinions. 

Edited by SaltyCaptain592
removing pics

• Valued Contributor

The first thing I would be thinking of is going on medication to stabilize your hair loss. MPB is progressive over the lifespan. However you are doing well for your age. If you find that your loss stabilizes or even improves in six to twelve months after starting Finasteride the you could look at improving your hairline. Also remember there is nothing wrong in doing nothing. Wishing you all the best. 

Yep @Gatsby says it... meds will help stabilize and you look like you've got a great donor and could benefit from a great result. Just make sure you research and pick wisely. Worth discussing with a doc for sure. And as noted you can do nothing at all. I'm not sure you'll progress much more at 35 from where you are now... that's not clear to me but with 1 MG of fin... you'd stop it dead in its tracks likely.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

The first thing I would be thinking of is going on medication to stabilize your hair loss. MPB is progressive over the lifespan. However you are doing well for your age. If you find that your loss stabilizes or even improves in six to twelve months after starting Finasteride the you could look at improving your hairline. Also remember there is nothing wrong in doing nothing. Wishing you all the best. 

why there is some people saying mpb is progressive over lifespan and others saying they had been stabilized for many years with no meds so they can go for ht and that is true some people reach nw 4 and never go to nw5 im 32 nw 5 pattern diffuse thinner have full head of hair but it thin and shed when stop meds i wanna go for ht but im confused because mpb might be progresive to higher pattern or it is stabilized and thats my final pattern

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, honey21790 said:

why there is some people saying mpb is progressive over lifespan and others saying they had been stabilized for many years with no meds so they can go for ht and that is true some people reach nw 4 and never go to nw5 im 32 nw 5 pattern diffuse thinner have full head of hair but it thin and shed when stop meds i wanna go for ht but im confused because mpb might be progresive to higher pattern or it is stabilized and thats my final pattern

Because no one has a crystal ball. You always want to err on the side of caution. It's like the carpenter's old saying. 'Measure twice and cut once. Not measure once and have to cut twice!' All the best!

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

i dont want to use medication. I havent been using medication. My hairline has been pretty stable ( i honestly cant tell looking back at old photos). The contention im dealing with should pull the trigger now or wait a little bit more? I want to be conservative with my approach. My nightmare is i ruin my hair but i know that wont happen because im going to be conservative and not aiming for the teen or youthful look but then again that fear lingers in my head. I plan on going with Dr. Carman in San Diego if i go through with it. Im just suffering from paralysis analysis. 

Edited by SaltyCaptain592