Walk or taxi post-op?

Is it fine to walk e.g. 10 minutes to the hotel after surgery? Or is it recommended to 100% get a taxi back? Not really sure what the rules are with this.

Edited by Vortex

@Vortex,

I think it’s safe to use your discretion either way. There’s nothing wrong with taking a walk after surgery however, if it’s raining really hard or snowing and your head is not covered, I suggest going the taxi route. Besides, if you feel fatigued or you’ve taken medication that makes you drowsy or woozy then I also suggest taking a taxi. Again, use your discretion and be safe.  Most importantly, follow your doctors instructions and enjoy the experience.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

7 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Vortex,

I think it’s safe to use your discretion either way. There’s nothing wrong with taking a walk after surgery however, if it’s raining really hard or snowing and your head is not covered, I suggest going the taxi route. Besides, if you feel fatigued or you’ve taken medication that makes you drowsy or woozy then I also suggest taking a taxi. Again, use your discretion and be safe.  Most importantly, follow your doctors instructions and enjoy the experience.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thanks, I’ll definitely bring an umbrella with me just in case. I guess I will just see how I’m feeling after the procedure and will definitely ask the doctor on the day

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I think most people would be fine walking short distances after surgery.

Ok cool thanks, I guess I’ll just see how I feel / see how the weather is afterwards and take it from there.

• Vortex changed the title to Walk or taxi post-op?

I like the positive mentality! @NikosHairTo be honest after sitting in a chair all day I probably will want to stretch my legs. I am concerned about sweating on my scalp though if I walk… so maybe I’ll just walk slowly and calmly 😅

Edited by Vortex
  • Like 1