Eugenix: No wonder people are confused!

2 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I've seen good things from them on this forum and they also seem to specialize in beard and nape hair, which is important for me as I need to maximize the remaining grafts in my donor area. Are they not good for repairs?

Interesting. Have those threads been deleted? When I was consulting with Eugenix representatives, they kept pushing for me to go with Dr. Bansal. Seems like Sethi usually works on more difficult or special cases.

They have not been deleted, but it's time consuming to search the whole forum, so that will be left as an exercise to the reader as the saying goes (you in this case).

Here are some threads that are worrisome to me: 

The density after 2.5k grafts is not what I would expect for this particular patient. Actually it almost looks better pre-op, except for the very front of the hairline.

Here is another case of bad angles and over harvested appearing donor for a small number of grafts.

4 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Would you mind taking some recent pictures of your donor? I see that you recently went to Eugenix. 

Sure. I trimmed it down last week but this is how it looks now.

46 days post op. 

pretty happy with it tbh  image.thumb.png.669a7c17ed0f7fd8c948df7fb280a1f7.pngimage.thumb.png.1a63524781d557a56f348f5b69779a19.pngimage.thumb.png.35d756e7dc8dfd8a20573e945d2ba6ea.pngimage.thumb.png.3cbda71e3081ddd47e5e9d41e68c3ad4.pngimage.thumb.png.3c9c16a8bb692b37278b0b08e7be90e0.pngimage.thumb.png.5df45c7d96342e6a5f82262dff3417df.png
image.thumb.png.9d01255a7898eeccd9898a6dcca70f00.png

image.thumb.png.ba2bebed6d61c0b6980938ea6711897a.png

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

24 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

They have not been deleted, but it's time consuming to search the whole forum, so that will be left as an exercise to the reader as the saying goes (you in this case).

The density after 2.5k grafts is not what I would expect for this particular patient. Actually it almost looks better pre-op, except for the very front of the hairline.

Here is another case of bad angles and over harvested appearing donor for a small number of grafts.

Thanks for posting these. I never saw Captain Haddock's case before.

18 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Thanks for posting these. I never saw Captain Haddock's case before.

@AlexMeister21 have you thought about going to Dr. Shapiro for your repair? idk why Shapiro seems to fly under the radar on here. All the other elite surgeons seem to respect him, and he is indeed considered a repair surgeon. 

I personally am getting operated on by Mwamba in 4 days 🙌 and looking forward to it. But, in an alternate universe, I totally could see myself going with Shapiro instead. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

18 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@AlexMeister21 have you thought about going to Dr. Shapiro for your repair? idk why Shapiro seems to fly under the radar on here. All the other elite surgeons seem to respect him, and he is indeed considered a repair surgeon. 

I personally am getting operated on by Mwamba in 4 days 🙌 and looking forward to it. But, in an alternate universe, I totally could see myself going with Shapiro instead. 

I have not, but read good things about him recently in a repair case. I'll contact them for consultation. Also looking at Feriduni, but waiting to hear back from them. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

i'm unaware that Eugenix billed itself as a repair clinic. If your issue is "simply" low yield/low graft count, then they possibly could be good. No different than being a high norwood 1st timer in that regard. But if you have scarring or bad angles, I'm unaware that they are good in that regard. In general I'd be a bit concerned as repairs really need a lot of TLC and a personalized plan of attack - Eugenix just seems way too high traffic. 

The best repair docs seem to be in Europe, but of course that will cost tens of thousands dollars more than Eugenix. 

And even they sometimes don't have good results, for example some of Dr Mwamba's recent results.

18 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Captain Haddock's case is probably their weakest one. I disagree about Ryan Daniels though. They fixed his hairline, gave him temple points, and put hair into his crown and midscalp. The crown is definitely improved compared to where he was pre-transplant. Mid-scalp is still lacking a bit but he is only at 7 months now so there's still a ways to go.

23 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Good point, thanks. I've consulted with Mwamba as well and his pricing would pretty much be the same as Eugenix if I go with Dr. Bansal. I'm not too sold on Mwamba from recent cases I saw and communication with them hasn't been too easy. 

Have you considered Dr Feriduni?

One of the best repair surgeons in the world.

1 hour ago, mrmane85 said:

Have you considered Dr Feriduni?

One of the best repair surgeons in the world.

Yes, I reached out to his clinic a few months ago, but they said my photos were not good enough and wanted me to resend photos with my hair wet. I wanted to send them photos of my hair shorter, but I was traveling for a while and didn't want to cut my hair because otherwise it'd be hard to cover up the lack of density and scar. I just recently sent them photos but haven't heard back yet.

• Like 1

I agree in saying it would be a great idea for @Eugenix Hair Sciences to list biographies of each doctor on their website. Sethi (if performing HTs anymore), Bansal, Das, and Somesh. Put some pictures up, some background info, make ‘‘em look real nice!

• Like 2