Recommend Maxim Hair Restoration NYC?

hdream1980

Can anyone recommend using Maxim Hair Restoration NYC for an FUE transplant? I had a consults and the offer is 3000 graphs for $13,500. I found positive google reviews and some negative reviews.  There 1 seeming good experience on this site from @ussoccerfan1990 and his post 5 month update FUT 2006 grafts

Many post say that Hair Mills (Bosley, Maxim) are bad but I see many negative experiences from that.  Any help is appreciated. 

thanks 

43 minutes ago, hdream1980 said:

Can anyone recommend using Maxim Hair Restoration NYC for an FUE transplant? I had a consults and the offer is 3000 graphs for $13,500. I found positive google reviews and some negative reviews.  There 1 seeming good experience on this site from @ussoccerfan1990 and his post 5 month update FUT 2006 grafts

Many post say that Hair Mills (Bosley, Maxim) are bad but I see many negative experiences from that.  Any help is appreciated. 

thanks 

You can find a much, much better option! Of course you will find great faceless reviews and good marketing, look beyond this, you need actual completed patient journeys that have been posted, not ones that are unfinished. Besides which it’s entirely possible you wouldn’t have the same Dr or techs as that guy. With a severe lack of real results then it’s a red flag. 
Just spend time here looking at results from lots of different Drs/clinics, travel and/or save if needed to get a elite Dr, give you’re scalp the best possible chance of a good result.

6 minutes ago, hdream1980 said:

Thank you. After exploring this forum, I feel I may be rushing into this.  I will  explore more option before  proceeding. 

thanks 

Yeh you will have you’re eyes opened the more you look and the more you research, nobody here would ever recommend any hair mill or chain type clinic.

Take you’re time bro, absolutely no rush to do this! If you can please share pics, and also let us know if you can travel? For the figure you was talking you could have the best Drs in Europe. 

• Like 1

Google reviews? You really need to start all over in your research. Use this forum as a good starting point. Find actual patient posted results and even reach out to members to get their firsthand experience with a doctor. Find results that have a similar starting point to yourself.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
14 hours ago, JosephB said:

MAXIM is not a hair mill. You can argue that Bosley is. Maxim sees 1-2 surgeries a day maximum and they don't use techs to do your surgery, they use actual clinicians which is more than 90% of the referrals here can say - that's the opposite of a hair mill.  Bosley also does not use techs but they do have a high turnover and they see 8 patients in a single day so you're not Bosley Docs focus. 

Dr. Barnard, if that's who you're referring to, is an excellent surgeon. Dr. Mollura is also an excellent surgeon but more FOR FUT. Barnard did my FUE 1875 and he also did my stem cell procedure. He's also more well credentialed than nearly every hair doc in the game -- director of residency for Stony Brook too. That doesn't mean good hair but he did a good job in mine. 

Turkey = hair mills. 

You joined to defend a clinic, nothing weird here.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

We have some good surgeons here in NYC but after being on these forums for 5 years and having FUT twice, its clear that the best surgeons are NOT in NYC. There are surgeons here who are good enough if travel or other reasons don't permit going elsewhere. You can DM me and I'll give you my unbiased opinion of the surgeon I used. 

We all have positive confirmation bias, i.e. we look for the responses that support our position. It can be difficult to look past that and see the issues people bring up, but it sounds like you hear what people are saying here. It's a good group to lean on.