Dr Gur at Fuecapilar in Turkey - 3028 Graphs - VIP package

russwaehler

Hello everyone, my operation was completed on December 26th at Dr Gurs office in Istanbul, Turkey. This is obviously a review of the operation and events leading up to the operation, not the results. I started my journey looking at youtube, instagram, and this forum. I got quotes from smile, vera clinic, and after searching this forum, fuecapilar as well. I decided upon fuecapilar because of some of the results I saw in this forum and a facebook group. I thought it was a good sign both physicians at fuecapilar had months long waiting lists, and only saw 1-2 patients per day. Also, Fuecapilar was the only clinic to request a video with me running both my finger and a comb through my donor area to determine whether or not my donor area was sufficient. I also had conflicted feelings abut going to one of the "hair mills" despite seeing so many great results through instagram and youtube. 

One week out and I received the plan from Fuecapilar detailing airport pickup, hotel address, day 1 operational plans and day 2 plans for wash and post-op instructions.

The airport instructio ns were great, my driver was at the designated spot, and the hotel was about 45 min away. I ended up calling the same driver to go out a couple more times because he was reasonable with rates and helpful. I arrived at the hotel, Tryp wyndam, which is a 3 minute walk to Dr Gurs office. They have a great breakfast buffet in the morning and a good kitchen with a decent menu for lunch and dinner. the staff at the hotel were very welcoming and one girl spoke english so she was able to make several area recommendations to me for restaurants, etc. I decided to check out the blue mosque, hagia sofia, and a restaurant nearby called grace rooftop, which had excellent food and spectacular views of the city.

Operation day arrived, and ahmed, my translator and logistics manager, showed up on time and walked me from the hotel to Dr gurs office. Once I arrived, I was given tea, relaxed a bit while ahmed explained what was going to happen and see if I had any questions. Dr gur arrived and shortly after that we did the hairline planning. He showed me my density on donor area and different regions of the head. My donor area was average. His hairline drawing was a bit more conservative than I wanted, so he took my vision into account and redrew it, which meant more graphs but I was happy with the planning and what he said made sense. Off to shave my head, then I laid down for the injections. Damn they hurt....I would give them a 8/10 as far as pain, and they kept coming. I was given stress balls, and even yelled out a little in pain at least several times. I thought since I play sports and lift heavy weights that I am used to pain, but I guess that does not tie in to your pain threshold very much lol. I got the VIP package, so shortly after Dr Gur began extracting the grafts. Felt little due to the injections, and just heard the machine. It was a little uncomfortable lying on my stomach/face that long but not too bad. I received good news from Dr gur that things were looking good and my donor area was better than expected, and he was going to be able to up the graft number from his original estimate. They then offered a break where they gave me a light snack and some juice. 15 min later, was laying down again but in different positions as he extracted from my sides. It was then lunchtime, where I had chosen the kebabs and rice which were quite delicious. 45 min or an hour went by and his crew took the time to organize the hair extracted so Dr gur could open the channels. The rest of the day consisted of Dr gur opening the channels and his crew inserting the hairs into them. Dr Gur was a great conversationalist and we discussed rock music, he is in a band, and which groups we liked, then he needed to count as he opened channels so I let him focus. The last part of the day 3 of his crew members, 2 girls and one guy, inserted the hairs into the channels...it was a long day and I don't think I left until 7 or 8 pm. Next day was just a wash, Dr gur looked over my head quickly after and said it looked OK, and got my post op instructions.

Overall a very good experience, well organized with a great doctor, crew, and accommodations. I appreciate this group for steering me in the right direction and I will keep posting results at milestones. Hoping and praying for good results, as well as carefully following the instructions and leading a healthy lifestyle!

Day 0 (right after).jpg

Day 1 (1).jpg

Day 1 (2).jpg

Day 1.jpg

top.jpg

side3.jpg

back.jpg

top2.jpg

Happy growing. Thank you for the detailed description.
Dr Gur seems to spends quite a lot time with his Patients measuring donor area and designing. He also did the 2 critical parts of the procedure extraction and incisions so quite a lot doctor involvement in your case. What price did you get for the vip package ? 

Edited by Jackdaniels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update. 4 weeks in. the shedding has started! I really wanted to use some fibers and lock in with hairspray but the guidelines with Gur say 4 months - elsewhere I saw OK after three weeks! anyone done this? also - when can I buzz the sides? I know only scissor cut the top for one year. 

front.jpg

top.jpg

side.jpg

side back.jpg

back.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Three months in as of last Monday, I think the shedding has ended and its slowly coming along. I don't really mind the "ugly ducking" phase as much as I thought I would because I had almost no hair in the area before. I am satisfied with the moderate progress up until this point. 

20230321_141013.jpg

20230321_141032.jpg

20230321_141044.jpg

20230321_141215.jpg

20230320_213105.jpg

20230321_141137.jpg

10 hours ago, russwaehler said:

Three months in as of last Monday, I think the shedding has ended and its slowly coming along. I don't really mind the "ugly ducking" phase as much as I thought I would because I had almost no hair in the area before. I am satisfied with the moderate progress up until this point. 

20230321_141013.jpg

20230321_141032.jpg

20230321_141044.jpg

20230321_141215.jpg

20230320_213105.jpg

20230321_141137.jpg

Excellent donor management from dr Gur 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

You are right on track mate...evrythn is going smooth and can see lots of hair sprouting out...this baby hairs will soon start getting fuller and thicker ...good that your are on oral minoxidil and finasteride ...that would help you immensely ....Happy Growing and keep updating ..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:07 PM, Sunset Dune said:

Does the oral fin affect your beard growth at all have you noticed anything with your beard from taking a DHT blocker

5 month update - I don't think oral fin has affected beard growth, if so very minor. 

front.jpg

front top.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

crown2.jpg

• Administrators

Looking fantastic 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Looking excellent at just 5 months ..you will see more growth and density till many more months ....so you will surely gonna get fantastic outcome ..Happy growing and keep updating ..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...