20 month post op results - 2300 grafts and frontal restoration

rjn5

Hi,

I am in mid 40s, and have been balding for 15+ years. I was a NW5/6 in hair loss. Then, I decided to get a transplant by Dr Gabel in Portland USA about 20 months ago. Given the amount of loss, we decided to focus on frontal restoration. 2300 grafts were planted. Mid-scalp and crown were left as-is. Here are some pictures of before and after.

Before pics - the first two

After pics - the last four

1. What do you think of the results?

2. I am wondering whether another transplant would be beneficial. Dr says there's about 2000 grafts he can harvest. Where should we target those grafts - the main options are a bit of touchup in front, mid-scalp and a bit a crown. Suggestions are welcome

Before 1 - IMG-6139.jpg

Before 2 - IMG-6140.jpg

After 1 - Front.JPG

After 1 - Top.JPG

After 3 - Top View.JPG

After 4 - Back View.JPG

It looks very natural. I think another 2000 grafts would make quite a nice difference.

I would look at a breakdown of something like:

-500 grafts in the front section

-1000 grafts in the mid scalp

-500 grafts in the crown 

Have you consulted any other surgeons?

I would look at someone like Bisanga to see it they can use some of your beard hair to supplement your donor so you can achieve an even better result. 

• Valued Contributor

I think with 2k grafts left you would do well to consult with Eugenix. I say this for the reason that you will be able to double the amount of available grafts by augmenting your scalp grafts with beard grafts. Two thousand grafts alone won't IMHO make a huge cosmetic difference. Eugenix may even be able to extract more beard grafts than 2K also quite easily too. Wishing you all the best @rjn5 with whichever decision you choose. 👍