Red Light Hats

Not worth the investment. I spent like $800 on one, but quickly determined it’s mostly insignificant and has a small effect on hair restoration compared to other strategies. Luckily I was able to return it and get all my money back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Not worth the investment. I spent like $800 on one, but quickly determined it’s mostly insignificant and has a small effect on hair restoration compared to other strategies. Luckily I was able to return it and get all my money back. 

Thank you for this advice. They are so expensive so I assumed it would be best to ask. Is there really any treatment outside of medication that is effective for you? Prp?

And for the most part, they are unproven.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

@JoDimaggio22,

I think it’s always good to take the time to research various nonsurgical options you’ll see what’s best for you. At the end the day however, the  most effective non-surgical treatment is finasteride because of its DHT blocking properties. Minoxidil is probably second. As far as the others, they may have some degree of efficacy in particular when he was a conjunction with the main to nonsurgical treatment I just mention. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up in terms of regrowing A large quantity of hair.  only surgical hair transplantation is proven to grow hair in the completely bald areas.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 minute ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@JoDimaggio22,

I think it’s always good to take the time to research various nonsurgical options you’ll see what’s best for you. At the end the day however, the  most effective non-surgical treatment is finasteride because of its DHT blocking properties. Minoxidil is probably second. As far as the others, they may have some degree of efficacy in particular when he was a conjunction with the main to nonsurgical treatment I just mention. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up in terms of regrowing A large quantity of hair.  only surgical hair transplantation is proven to grow hair in the completely bald areas.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Thank you. So wearing a RLT hat every day isn’t going to thicken what I have or help restore what I don’t much?

7 hours ago, keratin_matters said:

You can pop a pill and use a topical for the long term. Can you have that hat on for an hour daily for years to come? Even if it did have some marginal returns, it's simply not sustainable imo. Only stick to sustainable things.

I could probably wear it 2-3 hours a day honesyly

Just now, keratin_matters said:

Well if you can, then there's no harm in it. Just keep it as an adjunct to finasteride and minoxidil. 

Thank you. I firmly agree with your comments. I do take finasteride daily. I’m considering oral minox because topical gives me massive acne in my scalp. Other than that was just curious how much if any benefit Red Light or PrP would give.