Finally decided to do this!! Thinking Turkey or Mexico, looking for recommendations

Hi all, I've been lurking here on and off for awhile and am so appreciative of the honesty and organic references, thoughts, etc. Researching this stuff online makes you go nuts, never knowing what's real and what are fake reviews.

I'm in Los Angeles and and wanting to do this this spring. I've narrowed it down to Turkey or Mexico. In Mexico, Nadar Medical is looking like a solid choice. They are saying I will need 3500 to 4000 grafts, costing $7700-8400 (including hotel). This is a little more than I was hoping to spend, although I know its a lot cheaper than in the States.

I haven't gotten any estimates from places in Turkey, but these 2 doctors seem to come up in this site often: Dr. Turan in Istanbul, and Dr. Pekiner in Ankara.

It seems it might be cheaper in Turkey, but then after weighing the cost/time of flights, etc...not sure which option would be best.

Does anyone have any other solid recommendations for clinics/docs in Mexico or Turkey?

Any other thoughts/opinions would be hugely appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mo

Hey Mo, I'd also look at Dr Camcho in Bogota... and then also along with Dr Turan in Turkey... Dr. Gur as well.

It's gotta come down to evaluating the short list doctor results... and your needs. Then cater your plans around that. I think if you can hanging in the place of surgery for a few days post op is of value rather than hop on a plane soon after. I know that can be the only option in some cases... but giving it a couple days of rest and post op attention of spraying grafts and being careful seems smart to me. 

I'd price it all out via the short list great result doc choices and time needed travel wise and then schedule availability... then book it what aligns best with your needs.

That's what I did, ended up choosing Eugenix. I feel good about that, I have to contend with a longer flight but when it's all said and done results matter most and that worked best for me.

Thanks Ray! I'll look into those clinics/docs.

Its funny you mention Bogota, as I'm planning on being in Colombia anyway in March...

Yeah, if I can narrow it down to maybe 3 clinics/countries, then I can do the math (and headache scale) and pull the trigger.

Thanks for your thoughts:)

• Like 1

Hey so I'm also kind of near LA. Ended up going with Bogota Hairlines myself. Really considered Dr. Nader myself in Mexico, but I know people have had communication issues in the past, and decided if I was going to another country, I wanted someone that I didn't have to worry about communicating with. Think he does great work though, so if you're able to confirm a date and everything, I think he's a great choice. I'm personally very happy with my decision to go to Bogota, but I don't think you could go wrong with either. I've seen a number of people get good results with Dr. Gur and Dr. Turan in Turkey. I unfortunately don't get more than 1 week off at a time currently, so traveling to Turkey and back was going to be rough. Otherwise I would've looked more closely at them. Truthfully, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Fluffy, 

I am looking at Bogota Hairlines and notice that they have 2 docs, Dr Camacho and Dr Pareja. It seems like Pareja is a bit cheaper, but I would imagine she must be great as well if working at the same clinic. Which doctor did you go with and do you have any opinions regarding this? 

Thanks

5 hours ago, mofo said:

Fluffy, 

I am looking at Bogota Hairlines and notice that they have 2 docs, Dr Camacho and Dr Pareja. It seems like Pareja is a bit cheaper, but I would imagine she must be great as well if working at the same clinic. Which doctor did you go with and do you have any opinions regarding this? 

Thanks

I went with Dr. Camacho. But, even if you go with Camacho, Dr. Pareja does assist substantially in the procedure as well. I have full faith in both of them tbh. I decided since Camacho had been doing this longer, I went with him for the hairline design and to get his expertise since this was the first time I was ever doing it and wanted to make sure I gave myself the most potential. I spoke to others that went with just Dr. Pareja and were also very happy with the results. I think it's one of those things similar to Eugenix where the higher priced packages are with people who are more experienced, but also Dr. Pareja has been doing this for several (7+?) years so she's certainly very well-qualified. It was just a personal preference for me to want to have Dr. Camacho design the hairline, and do some of the extractions/implantations, especially since my job requires me to go face-to-face with a lot of people all the time.

23 minutes ago, FluffyPanda said:

I went with Dr. Camacho. But, even if you go with Camacho, Dr. Pareja does assist substantially in the procedure as well. I have full faith in both of them tbh. I decided since Camacho had been doing this longer, I went with him for the hairline design and to get his expertise since this was the first time I was ever doing it and wanted to make sure I gave myself the most potential. I spoke to others that went with just Dr. Pareja and were also very happy with the results. I think it's one of those things similar to Eugenix where the higher priced packages are with people who are more experienced, but also Dr. Pareja has been doing this for several (7+?) years so she's certainly very well-qualified. It was just a personal preference for me to want to have Dr. Camacho design the hairline, and do some of the extractions/implantations, especially since my job requires me to go face-to-face with a lot of people all the time.

Ok, good to know... thanks for the explanation!