Wimpole clinic - 1,000 Grafts using FUE method - HELP!!

Hi,

Over a year ago I went to the Wimpole Clinic for the front of my head and beard. Got 1000 grafts for my head (and 500 for my beard at the same time which only Wimpole offered).

I've attached what it looked like before the procedure:

E41FA8DD-8EB3-421A-93B2-4790BE269933_4_5005_c.jpeg.d7f8c91c179cc0e31e0670742b28bd7e.jpeg

Just after the proceedure:

image.thumb.jpeg.d363dea3746ca1212f0eaea37059faf8.jpeg

Donor area:

9EAEC412-8527-4C8C-B979-34CFDB076E9A_4_5005_c.jpeg.0d2b3a8f0526d7fc34142bc30a9d87aa.jpeg

And today over a year later:

image.jpeg.72be760646c24b3f555545489040bd67.jpeg

I only found this forum recently and have been alarmed at all the terrible reviews of both the Wimpole clinic and Dr May who 'did' my procedure - although as others have said on here he did the same with me where all he did was come in, draw a line on my head for the hairline and walk out leaving 3 technicians to do everything else. He wasn't even present during most of my procedure.

To me it looks as though I was scammed and perhaps the worst is that they removed from my donor area and didn't place the follicles properly. 

Obviously I'm no expert which is why I wanted to ask the users here what their thoughts are about my procedure, whether I'm overreacting and what/if I can do anything about it now?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks appreciate your comment and will look elsewhere. I'd prefer the UK but will go with someone much more reputable like Dr Farjo / Dr Reddy / Dr Ball.

My main concern is that folicles from the donor area weren't implanted properly and as a result were wasted and these are obviously limited in number. Is there a chance this was the case? (I'm concerned about the skill or lackthereof of the technnicians combined with zero oversight from Dr May). The key reason for my concern is that my hair looks as theres been almost no progress

10 minutes ago, cyprus1995 said:

Thanks appreciate your comment and will look elsewhere. I'd prefer the UK but will go with someone much more reputable like Dr Farjo / Dr Reddy / Dr Ball.

My main concern is that folicles from the donor area weren't implanted properly and as a result were wasted and these are obviously limited in number. Is there a chance this was the case? (I'm concerned about the skill or lackthereof of the technnicians combined with zero oversight from Dr May). The key reason for my concern is that my hair looks as theres been almost no progress

It’s possible that the second procedure would be more of a repair, but it does need to be seen in person by a decent Dr, so one of the names you have mentioned.

I do like what I’m seeing from Dr Manish Mittal, but need to see more organic reviews over a longer period. 

Thanks, one thing that confuses me is that in the post procedure photo it looks as though the density should be good given how many red grafts there are and how close they are together. After all, shouldn't the hair start growing from these grafts? 

This is the reason I'm concerned these donor folicles were wasted (as opposed to them botching their removal - I agree it doesn't look too bad at the back)

10 minutes ago, cyprus1995 said:

Thanks, one thing that confuses me is that in the post procedure photo it looks as though the density should be good given how many red grafts there are and how close they are together. After all, shouldn't the hair start growing from these grafts? 

This is the reason I'm concerned these donor folicles were wasted (as opposed to them botching their removal - I agree it doesn't look too bad at the back)

Just have to accept the fact that grafts were wasted now just concentrate on repairing it 

1 hour ago, cyprus1995 said:

Will get this mess sorted then the next time I'm between jobs

all good HT docs have a 3 month waiting time minimum, and most have more than 3 months. Take this into consideration next time you are scheduling procedures. 

If I were you I wouldn't bother with the UK clinics. Just take the 2 hour flight to Belgium or Spain. Plenty of elite docs there, and prob comparable prices to the UK

6 minutes ago, cyprus1995 said:

Thanks, who would be your Dr recommendations for Belgium and Spain?

Cuoto, Freitas, Bisanga, Mwamba, Feriduni. 

There are a bunch of good doctors in continental Europe, those are just a few that come to mind. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

I think this is definitely salvageable and you’re lucky they only harvested 1000 grafts. You’ll need to go to a top tier clinic to strategically harvest from your donor from the untouched areas so it can be evened out. The density can be improved in your recipient as well. Lots of good names have been dropped. Don’t let distance stop you.

Honestly despite all the bad reviews, your proccedure doesnt look like a full blown botch job at all. I guess you were lucky in that deparment. Only that 1K grafts and that density is definetely not enough for proper cosmetic result. Just get a 2cnd HT with a better surgeon and ur good!