Is transplanted hair always frazzled / curly ?

So I booked a session w/ Dr. Arika Bansal and her staff (premium package) but getting cold feet after seeing some results.

My hair is naturally very very straight.

Anyway, I noticed that transplanted hair is always curly / frazzled.

I have never had hair on the temples - genetic, my dad and his dad doesn't either.

So I reached out to Eugenix for help with that and also possibly filling in a crown that has definitely thinned.

They said they could help fill in the temple points but said not much they can do on crown because there's not much place there to put new hair and if they tried to do that, existing hair might die and also - because my hair (strand) is so thin - planting a few grafts there will not make much of a visual difference.

So all-in-all it's only going to be hairline construction which I am ok with as long as it looks natural and matches my existing hair.

Adding some pictures for reference. 

As a side note, I have been on fin, min and some other supplements for a while now.

I am 38 if that matters.

Does it make sense to go ahead with this transplant ?

On the one hand would be nice to finally have a somewhat normal hairline - but on the other hand, if it doesn't blend in with my existing hair then I would rather not.

left.jpeg

right.jpeg

fton.jpeg

left-side.jpeg

right-side.jpeg

top-view.jpeg

top-view-2.jpeg

back.JPG

Transplanted hair can indeed have a different texture from native hair. Even if it just a subtle difference, it can be there. Sometimes its kinky at first but as it matures will get straighter, but many times the new texture is permanent. Also keep in mind that your donor hair texture may not match their native recipient hair. Someone can have wavy or curly donor hair and very straight hairline hair. Another cause could be that the graft is badly angled, it can give it a curly or kinky appearance. 

Please keep in mind that there are numerous cases of even the world's elite doctors giving curly or frazzled hair. 

There was a Bisanga review on here recently where the guy always had straight hair, he went to Bisanga and his transplant hair was all curly. I guess the hair transplant was perfect except for the curly hair, but the guy said he doesnt mind and even likes it. 

So consider that a permanent difference in hair texture is always a potential side effect/risk, regardless of who you go to. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

So my hair is very straight as well.  I had 3361 grafts, all in the hairline.  At around 4-5 months, tons of the hairs were weird, they didn't even blend into the rest of the hair.  You could clearly tell where the hair transplant started.

At the 1+ year mark now, I've got maybe a few stray hairs that look weird, I'd say something like 95+ of them are perfectly straight.  Nobody can tell it was a transplant.  

Check out my journey here:

Oh your hair transplant looks very good.

Yeah, I would take that ina heart beat.

It is concerning through if a lot more hair were to remain frazzled.

It looks like your hair is also pretty straight and also the hair in your donor area.

So I am curious why some hair are frazzled after transplant ?

26 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Transplanted hair can indeed have a different texture from native hair. Even if it just a subtle difference, it can be there. Sometimes its kinky at first but as it matures will get straighter, but many times the new texture is permanent. Also keep in mind that your donor hair texture may not match their native recipient hair. Someone can have wavy or curly donor hair and very straight hairline hair. Another cause could be that the graft is badly angled, it can give it a curly or kinky appearance. 

Please keep in mind that there are numerous cases of even the world's elite doctors giving curly or frazzled hair. 

There was a Bisanga review on here recently where the guy always had straight hair, he went to Bisanga and his transplant hair was all curly. I guess the hair transplant was perfect except for the curly hair, but the guy said he doesnt mind and even likes it. 

So consider that a permanent difference in hair texture is always a potential side effect/risk, regardless of who you go to. 

Thanks for your reply.

I can't find the Bisanga review - do you happen to have a link ?

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

did the curly hair look like bisanga's...... just kidding

• Haha 2