Is this hair dislodged?

Hello,

I am 2 weeks past my FUE transplant and was carefully picking away some few crusts that remain as per doctors orders. However for one of the scabs, I noticed that a slight redness/bleeding has occurred. Does this mean that the hair has been dislodged, and if yes, will this significantly impact the result of the hair transplant?

note: the redness/bleeding was only limited to that area and there is no visible pain 

F7605C5D-F015-4DF8-8E88-7F11A4A9867F.jpeg

It looks like a scab was removed, not any grafts.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Who was the surgeon?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:45 PM, Khadz said:

He is in turkey , why do you ask?

I did not ask where he is, I asked what his name is because I would like to know.

Gillenator

Khadz,

Two weeks out from your hair transplant, it would be essentially impossible to dislodge a graft without surgery. I agree with the others who said that what you are seeing is likely a scab with a hair in it.   Rest assured, the follicles should be firmly rooted underneath the surface of the scalp.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

At two weeks post-op, your grafts are anchored and secure. And for what it's worth, even if it was a graft that was dislodged, the visual impact of losing 1-4 hairs wouldn't be noticeable in the slightest. 

I'm not sure the method you're using to remove the scabs, but what Dr. Mohebi recommends is making warm suds with your shampoo and letting them soak on your scalp for 5-10 minutes to allow them to soften up... Then use a gentle sponge of some sort to slowly massage them away from the skin. FYI in case that's a tip that is useful for you!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thank you for the help!

On 12/16/2022 at 6:48 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Khadz,

Two weeks out from your hair transplant, it would be essentially impossible to dislodge a graft without surgery. I agree with the others who said that what you are seeing is likely a scab with a hair in it.   Rest assured, the follicles should be firmly rooted underneath the surface of the scalp.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

On 12/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, pkipling said:

At two weeks post-op, your grafts are anchored and secure. And for what it's worth, even if it was a graft that was dislodged, the visual impact of losing 1-4 hairs wouldn't be noticeable in the slightest. 

I'm not sure the method you're using to remove the scabs, but what Dr. Mohebi recommends is making warm suds with your shampoo and letting them soak on your scalp for 5-10 minutes to allow them to soften up... Then use a gentle sponge of some sort to slowly massage them away from the skin. FYI in case that's a tip that is useful for you!

Awesome, thanks for the tip!