How much donor hair do I have?

Hey everyone I'm just curious how much donor hair you think I have available. I would like to fill my hairline before even touching my crown as i can always grow my hair long and maybe slick it back. I'm just wondering if I'm even a candidate.

Note: I feel like I have thicker hair than the camera is picking up.

PXL_20221211_223120419.jpg

PXL_20221211_224001922.jpg

PXL_20221211_223700954.jpg

PXL_20221211_223328637.MP.jpg

PXL_20221211_223305493.jpg

• Administrators

Your donor looks thin, have you been seen in person by a surgeon?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, mr.mike said:

Hey everyone I'm just curious how much donor hair you think I have available. I would like to fill my hairline before even touching my crown as i can always grow my hair long and maybe slick it back. I'm just wondering if I'm even a candidate.

Note: I feel like I have thicker hair than the camera is picking up.

PXL_20221211_223120419.jpg

PXL_20221211_224001922.jpg

PXL_20221211_223700954.jpg

PXL_20221211_223328637.MP.jpg

PXL_20221211_223305493.jpg

Your donor seems to be quite short on the back and you have retrograde alopecia which limits donor area capacity. Not a good donor, and you have large area to cover....Beard doesnt look strong either, so i think you are not a good candidate. But if u have low expectations and dont want to cover the whole area then you could propably give it a try. You need to see a surgeon in person to measure your donor capacity.

Mr.Mike,

To be honest, you’re really going to have to consider whether or not hair transplant surgery is worth it to you even if you do have enough donor hair. It looks like you have enough donor for an average size hair transplant but you also have advanced bowling. So don’t expect to be able to restore a completely full looking head of hair although, if you have realistic expectations, you could certainly experience improvement in your overall work 

if you’re interested in a more detailed evaluation, feel free to contact me privately and I can set up an  information session with Dr. Rahal.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.