Had pitting before. Will I have it again?

Hello, im new here.

About 15 years ago I had a hair transplant and pitting occured. I read that new transplant can help. My question is: is pitting only a consequence of hair too deep into the skin or could it be something some people have a tendency to present?

Thank you

• Administrators

Pitting occurs by creating sites too deep for the grafts. When it heals it causes pitting. If you choose a good surgeon you shouldn’t have pitting. 
https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/hair-transplant-complications-what-are-they-and-how-avoid-them

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you so much for all your answers and links to resources. Does anybody here have experience with pitting restoration with a second transplant? A doctor offered to remove the transplanted follicules and use dermoabrasion to even the skin out. At this point, im so tired and depressed that i wouldnt mind having a receding hairline without the pitting scars. Just want to feel normal, you know? But if there is a big chance of correcting it, i would prefer it. Do u guys know if it is worth it, based on similar cases? Thank u.